Re: Printer/DTC help - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Printer/DTC help - Hewlett Packard ; What about the transceiver configuration? or do you have a "going bad transceiver" Hey if you need a new DTC I have one DTC 16MX >From: John Lee >Date: 2008/04/08 Tue AM 10:44:03 CDT >To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU >Subject: [HP3000-L] Printer/DTC help ...

  1. Re: Printer/DTC help

    What about the transceiver configuration? or do you have a
    "going bad transceiver"

    Hey if you need a new DTC I have one DTC 16MX

    >From: John Lee
    >Date: 2008/04/08 Tue AM 10:44:03 CDT
    >To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    >Subject: [HP3000-L] Printer/DTC help

    >>We have a Tally line printer (direct replacement for HP's line printers)at
    >> an HP 3000 site that is connected serially through a DTC to the HP
    >> 3000. It works beautifully for a week, then suddenly freezes with "CPU
    >>lost". We have swapped the Tally logic, switched DTC ports, changed out
    >>the DTC, changed
    >>out the LAN card in the 3000, changed cables, lowered baud rate a little
    >>bit...just took longer
    >>for it to fail, we can't figure out why this occurs. Anybody have any
    >>clues? Are we overlooking something?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> John Lee
    >> Vaske Computer Solutions

    joseph dolliver
    e3k solutions , inc
    41630 marie court
    leonardtown, md 20650
    301-475-6985

  2. Nike Array monitoring

    >To all;

    I have a Nike Array hooked up to an HP 3000 system and wonder if
    there are ways to monitor the status of the Nike Array from the HP 3000?
    I believe you can hook up the array so that you can run Grid Manager
    via a DTC connection.
    Any one have instructions for either a monitoring capability on the
    HP 3000 or the ability to run Grid Manager remotely?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Jeff Kubler
    Kubler Consulting, Inc.
    541-745-7457
    jeff@kublerconsulting.com
    www.kublerconsulting.com

  3. Re: Nike Array monitoring

    yes, you can run grid manager on your 3000. in order for this to work,
    there has to be a dtc sitting between the 3000 and the array.

    I believe grid manager will provide a 'moment in time' view of the array's
    status. nice...but without diligent manual monitoring, you'll not know that
    the array has a problem.

    fwiw, secure webconsoles can be connected to a nike array. this solution
    provides a distance solution (which is especially useful when the dtc is not
    a 72). then establish operational procedures to 'always check' the array's
    status at [shift turnover|specific point(s) in time] to monitor the array's
    health.

    afaik, there is nothing like 'isee' for nikes. - d

    ---
    Donna Hofmeister
    Allegro Consultants, Inc.

  4. Re: Nike Array monitoring

    The instructions for Gridmgr/iX are at the back of the "High Availability
    SCSI Disk Array Users Guide" part number A3232-90001. Don't
    expect much from Gridmgr/iX since it is just a terminal emulator connecting
    a DTC to the serial port(s) on the array. You will be able to watch the
    presentation screen for "monitoring" but there is no automatic mechanism
    to alert you on errors. The instructions don't mention that a DTC48
    (2345A) WON'T work with Gridmgr/iX.

    Bob J. -- Ideal Computer Services
    http://www.icsgroup.net