Printer/DTC help - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Printer/DTC help - Hewlett Packard ; >We have a Tally line printer (direct replacement for HP's line printers)at > an HP 3000 site that is connected serially through a DTC to the HP > 3000. It works beautifully for a week, then suddenly freezes with "CPU ...

  1. Printer/DTC help

    >We have a Tally line printer (direct replacement for HP's line printers)at
    > an HP 3000 site that is connected serially through a DTC to the HP
    > 3000. It works beautifully for a week, then suddenly freezes with "CPU
    >lost". We have swapped the Tally logic, switched DTC ports, changed out
    >the DTC, changed
    >out the LAN card in the 3000, changed cables, lowered baud rate a little
    >bit...just took longer
    >for it to fail, we can't figure out why this occurs. Anybody have any
    >clues? Are we overlooking something?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > John Lee
    > Vaske Computer Solutions

  2. Re: Printer/DTC help

    DTCs will drop on brown outs or power fluctuations.

    For example:

    Don't have a coffee pot, a mini-refrigerator, or a big laser on the same
    circuit as the DTC. Or if you do, have it on a UPS.

  3. Re: Printer/DTC help

    "CPU Lost Link

    If you have connected your printer to a network via an external print
    server box you may see this error in the printer control panel display
    during printing. To prevent this message from being displayed you need
    to set the bi-directional parameter to off.
    Enter the printer menu, select Config Menu, next level select Parallel
    I/O, next level select Bi-Directional, and then set to Off."

    This is from a google search of 'TALLY CPU LOST'

    Mark Ranft
    Pro 3K

+ Reply to Thread