OT: MS VISTA (more pain) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: MS VISTA (more pain) - Hewlett Packard ; Like a good PC user, I always backed up all our pics/docs/etc. to an external hard drive (Western Digital) on my XP box (my XP box died) for the past 4 years. When I went to load the drivers for ...

  1. OT: MS VISTA (more pain)

    Like a good PC user, I always backed up all our pics/docs/etc. to an
    external hard drive (Western Digital) on my XP box (my XP box died) for
    the past 4 years. When I went to load the drivers for the WD hard
    drive, so I could restore all those pic/docs/etc from that external hard
    drive to my new VISTA box, I got a *&^%$ dialogue box from VISTA that
    said there are know compatibility issues with the drivers for my hard
    drive and VISTA - please contact the software author for resolution
    (don't recall the exact syntax of the message).

    While I mean no disrespect towards Wirt, I couldn't help but recall his
    quote: "On the whole, I'm very impressed with the design of Microsoft's
    OS. I am certainly impressed with the amount of documentation available
    for Windows, and I am deeply impressed with Microsoft's committment to
    backwards compatibility."

    At any rate, I truly hope the fabled SP1 resolves this issue, but until
    then, I guess I have to use my jump drive to unload (1 gig at a time)
    the WD drive, so I can restore the pics/docs/etc. to my new 'backwards
    compatible' VISTA machine via an older XP laptop I have.

    Life is not a journey to the grave with the
    intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in
    broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
    and loudly proclaiming:

    -- WOW!!! What a Ride!!!

  2. Re: OT: MS VISTA (more pain)

    Ray Shahan wrote:
    At any rate, I truly hope the fabled SP1 resolves this issue, but until
    then, I guess I have to use my jump drive to unload (1 gig at a time)

    Or you could pop 15.00 for a 4GB drive...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...L0C-_-20134484

    Watch the wrap.

    -Craig