add phasors - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on add phasors - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, I have read a lot on this group and other places but am still having a hard time figuring this out. So here's a practical example that should be easy to solve. Help will be very much appreciated! How ...

  1. add phasors

    Hello,

    I have read a lot on this group and other places but am still having a
    hard time figuring this out. So here's a practical example that should
    be easy to solve. Help will be very much appreciated!
    How do I add these two phasors with the HP 50g?

    (20 angle -30) + (40 angle 60) # phase is in degrees, angle denotes
    that angle symbol

    and I want to get:

    44.72 angle 33.43
    -or-
    44.72 cos (wt + 33.43)

    Thanks for the help!!

    Christoph

  2. Re: add phasors

    On Apr 6, 10:40*pm, Christoph Koehler
    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have read a lot on this group and other places but am still having a
    > hard time figuring this out. So here's a practical example that should
    > be easy to solve. Help will be very much appreciated!
    > How do I add these two phasors with the HP 50g?

    Directly. The angle symbol can be typed by ALPHA RS 6. Then when you
    have both on the stack, press +

    If it doesn't look like what you want, switch to SPHERE. You can
    toggle quickly in the vector menu or by typing RECT or SPHERE

    TW

  3. Re: add phasors

    On Apr 6, 10:54*pm, TW wrote:
    > Directly. *The angle symbol can be typed by ALPHA RS 6. *Then when you
    > have both on the stack, press +
    >
    > If it doesn't look like what you want, switch to SPHERE. *You can
    > toggle quickly in the vector menu or by typing RECT or SPHERE

    Thanks TW, that did the trick!

    Christoph

  4. Re: add phasors

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 22:40:21 -0500, Christoph Koehler wrote:

    > (20 angle -30) + (40 angle 60)

    Perform DEG CYLIN (set modes) before proceeding:

    Literal method:

    (20\<)-30) (40\<)60) +

    Alternate method (less typing, perhaps):

    20 -30 \->V2 40 60 \->V2 +

    \->V2 is found in MTH VECTR menu

    A "custom menu" might facilitate either way:

    { DEG CYLIN "\<)" \->V2 } MENU

    \->V2 produces complex numbers when flag -19 is set,
    otherwise produces vectors (but with same components & result);
    complex numbers may be easier to read in the display,
    because they normally display on two lines if necessary.

    May not work with real phasers:
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...phasers416.jpg
    http://www.xscapesprops.com/Star_Trek_Props_Page1.htm
    http://xboxmeagain.blogspot.com/2007...ek-phaser.html

    Actual working version:
    http://www.turbogadgets.com/2007/03/...om-series-one/

    Make at home:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Blu-Ray-Laser-Phaser!/

    [r->] [OFF]

  5. Re: add phasors

    Wow.

    Thank you so much for that, it helps tremendously! Especially the
    custom menu!

    Christoph

    On Apr 8, 2:01*am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 22:40:21 -0500, Christoph Koehler wrote:
    > > (20 angle -30) + (40 angle 60)

    > Perform DEG CYLIN (set modes) before proceeding:
    >
    > Literal method:
    >
    > (20\<)-30) (40\<)60) +
    >
    > Alternate method (less typing, perhaps):
    >
    > 20 -30 \->V2 40 60 \->V2 +
    >
    > \->V2 is found in MTH VECTR menu
    >
    > A "custom menu" might facilitate either way:
    >
    > { DEG CYLIN "\<)" \->V2 } MENU
    >
    > \->V2 produces complex numbers when flag -19 is set,
    > otherwise produces vectors (but with same components & result);
    > complex numbers may be easier to read in the display,
    > because they normally display on two lines if necessary.
    >
    > May not work with real phasers:http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...ek-phaser.html
    >
    > Actual working version:http://www.turbogadgets.com/2007/03/...om-series-one/
    >
    > Make at home:http://www.instructables.com/id/Blu-Ray-Laser-Phaser!/
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]