LaserJet 3015 using univeral printing PCL 5 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on LaserJet 3015 using univeral printing PCL 5 - Hewlett Packard ; I configured a laptop pc to print the document to LaserJet 3015 using universal printing pcl 5 driver. The printout was all black in the printed area. I am at loss what is wrong. Can anyone give me some hits ...

  1. LaserJet 3015 using univeral printing PCL 5

    I configured a laptop pc to print the document to LaserJet 3015 using
    universal printing pcl 5 driver. The printout was all black in the printed
    area. I am at loss what is wrong. Can anyone give me some hits to figure
    it out.

    Thanks,

    Scott

  2. Re: LaserJet 3015 using univeral printing PCL 5

    On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:45:30 +0800, Scott wrote:
    > I configured a laptop pc to print the document to LaserJet 3015 using
    > universal printing pcl 5 driver. The printout was all black in the printed
    > area. I am at loss what is wrong. Can anyone give me some hits to figure
    > it out.

    Try printing a small document to a file and then inspect the contents of
    the file (v-a-v the PCL code) to determine what went awry.

    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
    *** Killfiling google posts:

  3. Re: LaserJet 3015 using univeral printing PCL 5

    Jonesy,

    Thanks for your advice. I opened a new document in Word 2003 and typed
    v-a-v and the printout is correct. It is also correct with other old .doc
    files. However, when I print the test page in properties of print driver,
    it print a dark copy on the contents. In addition, when I print a web page,
    it came out a full dark page. Any idea to fix it?

    Scott

    On 04/04/08 10:12 PM, in article
    slrnfvcdpi.2fbc.bit-bucket@shell.config.com, "Allodoxaphobia"
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:45:30 +0800, Scott wrote:
    >> I configured a laptop pc to print the document to LaserJet 3015 using
    >> universal printing pcl 5 driver. The printout was all black in the printed
    >> area. I am at loss what is wrong. Can anyone give me some hits to figure
    >> it out.

    > Try printing a small document to a file and then inspect the contents of
    > the file (v-a-v the PCL code) to determine what went awry.
    >
    > Jonesy

  4. Re: LaserJet 3015 using univeral printing PCL 5

    Please don't top-post.

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:19:47 +0800, Scott Xe wrote:
    > On 04/04/08 10:12 PM, "Allodoxaphobia" wrote:
    >> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:45:30 +0800, Scott wrote:
    >>> I configured a laptop pc to print the document to LaserJet 3015 using
    >>> universal printing pcl 5 driver. The printout was all black in the printed
    >>> area. I am at loss what is wrong. Can anyone give me some hits to figure
    >>> it out.

    >> Try printing a small document to a file and then inspect the contents of
    >> the file (v-a-v the PCL code) to determine what went awry.
    >>

    > Thanks for your advice. I opened a new document in Word 2003 and typed
    > v-a-v and the printout is correct. It is also correct with other old .doc
    > files. However, when I print the test page in properties of print driver,
    > it print a dark copy on the contents. In addition, when I print a web page,
    > it came out a full dark page. Any idea to fix it?

    Inspecting a PCL data stream in Wurd is not going to further any
    diagnostic process for you. :-)

    You need to use a hex editor to inspect a PCL data stream.

    I'm sorry, but I've been on linux so long that I too often view posted
    problems of this nature ('hardware') from a *nix-centric point of view.
    I never considered that you weren't running linux. My bad.

    If I'm wrong, and you are running linux:
    Snip out the three lines of the base64-encoded PCL date stream below.
    Save it as "test.base64" in the current working directory.
    Then execute the following command:

    $ base64 -d test.base64 | lpr

    What do you get?

    ---------- 8< cut here: base64 --------------------
    G0UNGyZkQBsmbDBvMEUbJmEwVhsmYTg0MFYbKDEwVRsoczBwMT BoMTJ2c2IzVBsmZEAbKnArMjFY
    GygxMFVIZWxsbyBXb3JsZA0NDQwbRRoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGh oaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoa
    GhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGho=
    ---------- 8< cut here: end base64 ----------------

    If, indeed, you are running an O/S sold by the convicted monopolist. I'm
    afraid I can be of no further help.

    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux