negative exponents - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on negative exponents - Hewlett Packard ; Hello all, Just got a 50g and am loving it! Quick question: Is there a way to show negative exponents instead of the 1/x notation? I find it easier to look at e^-jt instead of 1/ e^jt. Thanks! Christoph...

  1. negative exponents

    Hello all,

    Just got a 50g and am loving it!
    Quick question: Is there a way to show negative exponents instead of
    the 1/x notation? I find it easier to look at e^-jt instead of 1/
    e^jt.

    Thanks!

    Christoph

  2. Re: negative exponents

    On Apr 3, 12:21*pm, Christoph Koehler
    wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Just got a 50g and am loving it!
    > Quick question: Is there a way to show negative exponents instead of
    > the 1/x notation? I find it easier to look at e^-jt instead of 1/
    > e^jt.

    If you have an expression of the form 1/e^x, the LIN command will
    convert it to e^-x. It's in SYMB-NXT-EXPLN.

    Regards,
    Bill

  3. Re: negative exponents

    On Apr 7, 8:37*am, Bill Markwick wrote:

    > If you have an expression of the form 1/e^x, the LIN command will
    > convert it to e^-x. *It's in SYMB-NXT-EXPLN.

    Very nice, thank you!

    Christoph

+ Reply to Thread