Re: Vista - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Vista - Hewlett Packard ; No, Wirt, I was complaining that the "RUN" command is no longer in the START menu. -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Wirt Atmar Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:25 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] ...

  1. Re: Vista

    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of Wirt Atmar
    Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:25 AM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Vista

    Gehan writes:

    > wow, I thought I was the only one who spent a while thinking that was
    > just a graphic up there. I also spent much time looking through all
    > those giant ugly menus looking for things. Then one day I accidentally
    > clicked on the big graphic and found a "hidden menu"...
    >
    > There should be an advanced option you can check to go back to regular
    > file menus. Keep the picture menu for the kiddies, give me back my
    > skinny bar, I want more document space and less clutter...

    Although the subject line of this thread has changed to "Vista," it
    might be
    worth pointing out that you all are not complaining about the Vista
    operating
    system, but one of the newer versions of Microsoft Word, which I presume
    will
    run under XP as well as Vista, although I've never tried it.

    Wirt Atmar

  2. Re: Vista

    In message
    ,
    Ray Shahan writes
    >No, Wirt, I was complaining that the "RUN" command is no longer in the
    >START menu.

    Type 'Run' in the Start Search box, and it will come up for you at the
    top of the list.

    Or even easier, type whatever you were going to put after 'Run' straight
    into the Start Search box, and it should find that for you to click on.

    BTW, the freezer is now in the bedroom, and the bed is in the den :-)

    --
    Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
    Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris