Re: Vista and flash drive - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Vista and flash drive - Hewlett Packard ; I tried to read my 4gb flash drive (U3 security) on my Vista laptop but it would not execute the U3 command and open the dialog box to enter my password, yet it works fine on my XP machine. Anyone ...

  1. Re: Vista and flash drive

    I tried to read my 4gb flash drive (U3 security) on my Vista laptop but it would not execute the U3 command and open the dialog box to enter my password, yet it works fine on my XP machine. Anyone else have same/similar problem? I tried the flash drive on several USB ports to no avail. I'm thinking either Vista is incompatible (most likely) or the ports are incompatible (they work fine with keyboard, mouse, camera, etc).

    Thanks!

    Wesley Setree

    -- Michael wrote:
    George Kinsler wrote:
    > Embarrassed to say, but it took me a couple weeks to figure out how todo a "Save-As" in the Vista version of Word. I finally broke down and used "Help".
    >
    > Who would have thought they'd move key functionality to their banner logo, and it would not have a hover tag on it. You actually have to click on it to figure out it does stuff. I empathize with the users struggling with Vista.
    >
    > George

    Like rearranging a blind mans furniture!

    --
    Michael Anderson,
    J3k Solutions

    Remove unsightly stains with high quality carpet cleaning. Click now!
    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL...mGLomZtHtwhXd/

  2. Re: Vista and flash drive

    One of my daughters, senior in college, PC-savvy, has a Vista laptop and
    doesn't like it...too hard to navigate and finding incompatiblities. So
    I'm staying on XP till I hear differently.

    John Lee

    > I tried to read my 4gb flash drive (U3 security) on my Vista laptop but it
    > would not execute the U3 command and open the dialog box to enter my
    > password, yet it works fine on my XP machine. Anyone else have
    > same/similar problem? I tried the flash drive on several USB ports to no
    > avail. I'm thinking either Vista is incompatible (most likely) or the
    > ports are incompatible (they work fine with keyboard, mouse, camera, etc).
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Wesley Setree
    >

    > -- Michael wrote:
    > George Kinsler wrote:
    >> Embarrassed to say, but it took me a couple weeks to figure out how to
    >> do a "Save-As" in the Vista version of Word. I finally broke down and
    >> used "Help".
    >>
    >> Who would have thought they'd move key functionality to their banner
    >> logo, and it would not have a hover tag on it. You actually have to
    >> click on it to figure out it does stuff. I empathize with the users
    >> struggling with Vista.
    >>
    >> George
    >>

    > Like rearranging a blind mans furniture!
    >
    > --
    > Michael Anderson,
    > J3k Solutions
    > Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
    > 832.515.3868

    > __________________________________________________ ___________
    > Remove unsightly stains with high quality carpet cleaning. Click now!
    > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL...mGLomZtHtwhXd/

  3. Re: Vista and flash drive

    I have noticed that USB communication to and from flash drives is really slow compared to XP. From what I have read this is a known issue that I am hoping SP1 for Vista will address.

    One of my daughters, senior in college, PC-savvy, has a Vista laptop and
    doesn't like it...too hard to navigate and finding incompatiblities. So
    I'm staying on XP till I hear differently.

    John Lee

    > I tried to read my 4gb flash drive (U3 security) on my Vista laptop but it
    > would not execute the U3 command and open the dialog box to enter my
    > password, yet it works fine on my XP machine. Anyone else have
    > same/similar problem? I tried the flash drive on several USB ports to no
    > avail. I'm thinking either Vista is incompatible (most likely) or the
    > ports are incompatible (they work fine with keyboard, mouse, camera, etc)..
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Wesley Setree
    >

    > -- Michael wrote:
    > George Kinsler wrote:
    >> Embarrassed to say, but it took me a couple weeks to figure out how to
    >> do a "Save-As" in the Vista version of Word. I finally broke down and
    >> used "Help".
    >>
    >> Who would have thought they'd move key functionality to their banner
    >> logo, and it would not have a hover tag on it. You actually have to
    >> click on it to figure out it does stuff. I empathize with the users
    >> struggling with Vista.
    >>
    >> George
    >>

    > Like rearranging a blind mans furniture!
    >
    > --
    > Michael Anderson,
    > J3k Solutions
    > Sr.Systems Programmer/Analyst
    > 832.515.3868

    > __________________________________________________ ___________
    > Remove unsightly stains with high quality carpet cleaning. Click now!
    > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL...mGLomZtHtwhXd/

    DISCLAIMER
    This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee.If you are reading this message, but you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not disclose, print, copy, store, forward or otherwise use or disseminate the information contained in this transmission. If you have received this message in error, immediately contact thesender and destroy all copies of the original. Thank you.

  4. Re: Vista and flash drive

    Strange I didn't get Wesley or Johns message but I did get Jims reply to them...

    At any rate: Wesley

    I have 2 U3 drives, one I've had for close to 2 years, and one I just
    got in January. I've updated the older one with all the updates I can
    find, it will not work as U3 in my vista laptop. I can browse the
    drive and use it as storage, but no U3 menu or programs. The one I got
    in january works on my laptop from the get go... I don't know what's
    different on my other key. According to the about screen they are both
    running the same version of the U3 system...

    Gehan G.