cannot backup my storageworks AiO 600 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on cannot backup my storageworks AiO 600 - Hewlett Packard ; Hello I recently purchased and implemented an HP Storageworks AiO 600 fileserver. Recently within the past two weeks, I cannot backup the files on this server. I have it setup as a client in my HP Dataprotector 5.5 Cell Manager ...

  1. cannot backup my storageworks AiO 600

    Hello

    I recently purchased and implemented an HP Storageworks AiO 600
    fileserver. Recently within the past two weeks, I cannot backup the
    files on this server. I have it setup as a client in my HP
    Dataprotector 5.5 Cell Manager / Backup Server.

    Every other windows server I backup flies, and backs up with no
    issues. This specific AiO server will not back up. It goes so slow
    that I have to cancel the backups. It was backing up fine for weeks
    then just suddenly stopped working properly.

    When a backup is running, the Task manager on the AiO 600 server shows
    the CPU being barely used , 0% - 3% usage tops. To me it seems like
    the Data protector software is somehow not functioning properly.

    I have tried removing and reinstalling it several times, and have even
    applied the last Disk Agent patch, with no avail.

    Does anyone have any other ideas of what could be causing my issues?

    Thanks

  2. Re: cannot backup my storageworks AiO 600

    thesoulcrusher wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I recently purchased and implemented an HP Storageworks AiO 600
    > fileserver. Recently within the past two weeks, I cannot backup the
    > files on this server. I have it setup as a client in my HP
    > Dataprotector 5.5 Cell Manager / Backup Server.
    >
    > Every other windows server I backup flies, and backs up with no
    > issues. This specific AiO server will not back up. It goes so slow
    > that I have to cancel the backups. It was backing up fine for weeks
    > then just suddenly stopped working properly.
    >
    > When a backup is running, the Task manager on the AiO 600 server shows
    > the CPU being barely used , 0% - 3% usage tops. To me it seems like
    > the Data protector software is somehow not functioning properly.
    >
    > I have tried removing and reinstalling it several times, and have even
    > applied the last Disk Agent patch, with no avail.
    >

    > Does anyone have any other ideas of what could be causing my issues?
    >
    > Thanks

    I don't have an answer, but noting that you've not gotten anything
    here for a few days, I'll recommend you post something on HP's
    IT Resource Center Forum.
    See
    http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/...36130+28353475
    or tinyurl http://tinyurl.com/2sl3zn

    There is a section for Storage forums, and I'm sure you can find
    an appropriate place to post your question.

    thomas.

+ Reply to Thread