Wirt,

Glad to see you have plan "C", "QC" that is.

You are correct, the Bill Gates platform is not going away, but with
every new release of the Bill Gates platform, (from Win 3.x, (95/98/me),
2000, XP, and now Vista) end users and developers experience something
similar to a blind man having his furniture rearranged.

Right now there are many companies that need to start planning another
massive project to migrate everyone to Vista, training users and help
desk staff, checking all required applications, making sure they running
properly and so on. It is a massive undertaking. As for management
making the choice to run M$, they expect these things, and budget for
them, right?

Bills plan, and he doesn't care how much of the life-blood he sucks from
all the organizations of the world, his intent is to suck as much as he
can. He's been doing this since the early 1970,s and many companies have
followed his example. Bill is a marketing genius, who invented this
"Repurchasing Marketing model", where you sell problems disguised as
solutions, and then solutions to the problems that happen to contain new
problems, and the new version must be purchased to get the fixes to the
problems in the last version that you purchased. I believe that the Bill
Gates marketing model relates to the demise of the HP3000, and MPE,
because the MPE platform, no matter what, was designed to keep working
for years without change or repurchase.

Other than the above, Windows is a great product.

--
Michael Anderson,
J3k Solutions