HP 4100 dtn - Top right corner of printouts are bent, dog-eared - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP 4100 dtn - Top right corner of printouts are bent, dog-eared - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, I have an HP 4100 dtn that outputs pages where the top right corner is bent or dog-eared. I've moved the trays to different slots and tried all three trays, but to no avail. I've also replaced the toner ...

  1. HP 4100 dtn - Top right corner of printouts are bent, dog-eared

    Hello,

    I have an HP 4100 dtn that outputs pages where the top right corner is
    bent or dog-eared. I've moved the trays to different slots and tried
    all three trays, but to no avail. I've also replaced the toner
    cartridge. Any suggestions on how else I can tackle this problem?

    Thanks,
    Mariano

  2. Re: HP 4100 dtn - Top right corner of printouts are bent, dog-eared

    Optimus One wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I have an HP 4100 dtn that outputs pages where the top right corner is
    >bent or dog-eared. I've moved the trays to different slots and tried
    >all three trays, but to no avail. I've also replaced the toner
    >cartridge. Any suggestions on how else I can tackle this problem?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Mariano

    This could be a fuser problem.
    Turn the power off, wait at least ten minutes for the fuser to cool down.
    Remove the rear output tray (there is a finger hold at one side of the tray,
    squeeze it towards the center of the tray and remove the tray). Now remove the
    fuser by rotating the two blue levers upwards and pulling the fuser out of the
    printer. Examine the fuser rollers, one of them that is actually a sleeve,
    usually gray may be damaged at one end. If so, that is your problem.
    Tony
    MS MVP Printing/Imaging

+ Reply to Thread