Forget it, I just fired the dimwitted, numbskull of an operator (me!)

The console didn't have the asterisk on the "Remote Mode" FKey 4...

Once I pressed the F4 key everything went ok.....

What on Earth do I know. I've only been working on the HP3000 for 25 years
now. Give me another 25 and I might get it right....

Brian.