Outlook Address Auto-Fill - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Outlook Address Auto-Fill - Hewlett Packard ; You know how when you start typing in an address and Outlook "knows" who to fill in based on past addresses NOT in any Personal or Global address book? If you ever enter one email address wrong and send it, ...

  1. Outlook Address Auto-Fill

    You know how when you start typing in an address and Outlook "knows" who
    to fill in based on past addresses NOT in any Personal or Global address
    book?

    If you ever enter one email address wrong and send it, and you enter it
    correct later, the wrong address still pops-up, like forever.

    How does one get rid of that address? It isn't in any file that I know
    of.

  2. Re: Outlook Address Auto-Fill

    When the list of choices pops up, arrow down to the offending entry
    and hit the delete key.

    On 3/26/08, Johnson, Tracy wrote:
    > You know how when you start typing in an address and Outlook "knows" who
    > to fill in based on past addresses NOT in any Personal or Global address
    > book?
    >
    > If you ever enter one email address wrong and send it, and you enter it
    > correct later, the wrong address still pops-up, like forever.
    >
    > How does one get rid of that address? It isn't in any file that I know
    > of.

    "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
    would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland

  3. Re: Outlook Address Auto-Fill

    Thanks to Mark Landin and Jill Tupy.

  4. Re: Outlook Address Auto-Fill

    Easy. Highlight it in the drop down box and hit delete.

    Denys...