    From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
    Behalf Of Craig Lalley
    Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:19 AM
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: [HP3000-L] OT: A triple flyby

    TRIPLE FLYBY ALERT: Space shuttle Endeavour has undocked from the
    International Space Station and the two spaceships are now orbiting
    Earth in tandem. This sets the stage for a series of rare *triple*
    flybys, which many sky watchers will be able to observe on Tuesday,
    March 25th. It's a triple because three spacecraft are involved. First
    to appear is the European Space Agency's Jules Verne cargo carrier
    flying 2000 kilometers ahead of the ISS-Endeavour combo. Jules Verne is
    about as bright as a 1st magnitude star. Four minutes later, and even
    brighter, the space shuttle and
    space station follow Jules Verne across the starry sky--a spectacular
    sight!

    US and Canadian readers can find out when to look using our new Simple
    Satellite Flybys tool:
    http://spaceweather.com/flybys.

  2. Re: OT: A triple flyby

    Ray.

    Thanks for reporting back.

    I'm glad it worked out.

    -Craig

    Ray Shahan wrote:
    > That was AWESOME!!!
    > We live in Murphy, Texas, and the flyby was just as the WEB page showed,
    > and best of all, it was just about straight over our heads, too!
    > The ISS was really, really bright relative to the 2 other craft.
    > Thanks, Craig!!

  3. Re: OT: A triple flyby

    Awesome also from Huntington Beach, CA. ISS was definitely the
    brightest object by far in the sky last night.

    - Mark B.

    --
    mark@bixby.org
    Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...

  4. Re: OT: A triple flyby

    > Awesome also from Huntington Beach, CA. ISS was definitely the
    > brightest object by far in the sky last night.

    When I went to the website and entered my zipcode (Detroit), it didn't list
    the flyby for us... :-(

    It is listed for tomorrow though at 8:42 PM - 8:49 PM

    Mark W.

  5. Re: OT: A triple flyby

    From Richmond VA... Did not see it. Not sure why......
    Another chance this evening......

    More satellite tracking info at http://www.n2yo.com/

    Thanks
    dp

    Ray Shahan
    Sent by: HP-3000 Systems Discussion
    03/26/2008 09:54 AM
    Please respond to
    Ray Shahan

    HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    cc

    Subject
    Re: [HP3000-L] OT: A triple flyby

[...]

    The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential
    and protected from disclosure. This message is intended only for the
    designated recipient(s). It is subject to access, review and disclosure by
    the sender's Email System Administrator. If you have received this message
    in error, please advise by return e-mail so that our address records can
    be corrected and please delete immediately without reading, copying or
    forwarding to others. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
    distribution is prohibited.
    Thank you.