Network password question - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Network password question - Hewlett Packard ; I am being asked by our auditors to produce a list of all user-ids on our M$ network that have passwords that are set to never expire. I'll be looking for a reporting tool for Active Directory this morning, but ...

  1. Network password question

    I am being asked by our auditors to produce a list of all user-ids on
    our M$ network that have passwords that are set to never expire.
    I'll be looking for a reporting tool for Active Directory this morning,
    but thought I'd ask this group for any recomendations on such tools.

    I'd prefer a freebee, but that isn't a hard requirement.

    *****************************
    Terry W. Simpkins
    Director ISIT
    Measurement Specialties
    757-766-4278
    http://www.arcticride.com
    terry.simpkins@meas-spec.com
    *****************************

  2. Re: Network password question

    Hi Terry,

    > I am being asked by our auditors to produce a list of all user-ids on
    > our M$ network that have passwords that are set to never expire.
    > I'll be looking for a reporting tool for Active Directory this morning,
    > but thought I'd ask this group for any recomendations on such tools.
    >
    > I'd prefer a freebee, but that isn't a hard requirement.

    This is usually done with scripting. Here is one of many examples that you'll
    find out there:

    http://www.activexperts.com/activmon...scripts/usersg
    roups/localusers/

    This page not only has a script to identify those that don't expire but a
    script to set those to expire as well.

    Mark W.

  3. Re: Network password question

    DumpSec at http://www.somarsoft.com/ will do what you want. It is free
    software.
    It can also produce a bunch of other reports that your auditors may be
    asking for. It can also save the reports as comma separated files so you can
    import them into Excel, etc.

    dave