  1. IE Hyjack by AOL And damage trying to fix

    Hi,
    My IE6 Homepage got set to aol. I have an HP XP Computer. Two Problems
    #1. I noticed it would say something to the effect hp redirect aol. I
    tried to fix via the tools/options menu but the aol address would go right
    back. So we tried to edit the registry of values that redirected to aol. We
    do NOT use aol but Earthlink. We did but now we have second problem.
    #2. IE6 Icon on desktop will not start IE6. If you right click on it you
    still get the normal context menu.

    Finally while not a IE6 issue Earthlink tool bar does not start web when the
    web button is pressed. This used to generate IE6 but with the home page
    directed to AOL. We got rid of that but it killed both the Earthlink Toolbar
    button and the IE6 Button on the desktop as explained.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: IE Hyjack by AOL And damage trying to fix

    "Anthony Divasto" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > My IE6 Homepage got set to aol. I have an HP XP Computer. Two Problems
    > #1. I noticed it would say something to the effect hp redirect aol. I
    > tried to fix via the tools/options menu but the aol address would go right
    > back. So we tried to edit the registry of values that redirected to aol.
    > We do NOT use aol but Earthlink. We did but now we have second problem.
    > #2. IE6 Icon on desktop will not start IE6. If you right click on it you
    > still get the normal context menu.
    >
    > Finally while not a IE6 issue Earthlink tool bar does not start web when
    > the web button is pressed. This used to generate IE6 but with the home
    > page directed to AOL. We got rid of that but it killed both the Earthlink
    > Toolbar button and the IE6 Button on the desktop as explained.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Run System Restore to undo your registry changes and install SpywareBlaster.
    You can set SB so that your homepage cannot be changed in Tools|Internet
    Properties. In the future make a System Restore point immediately before
    making any manual registry changes.

+ Reply to Thread