Re: Biomechanical evolution of vertebrate evolution - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Biomechanical evolution of vertebrate evolution - Hewlett Packard ; Kim writes: > Definitely cool.... Almost looks like deer or elk.... > > BUT...i fail to see the evolution part... A super piece of machinery > created by someone that can move and maintain it's balance. Similar to > you/me. ...

  1. Re: Biomechanical evolution of vertebrate evolution

    Kim writes:

    > Definitely cool.... Almost looks like deer or elk....
    >
    > BUT...i fail to see the evolution part... A super piece of machinery
    > created by someone that can move and maintain it's balance. Similar to
    > you/me. Created by someone (God) that can walk about and maintain
    > balance.

    In that case, you'll very much enjoy this video clip that ran on ABC World
    News this weekend:

    http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4502198

    It's in regard to a group that calls themselves "Biblically Correct Tours.." They
    provide private tours of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to primarily
    Christian home-schooled children.

    This video (or something similar that ran on ABC's Nightline earlier) wasthe
    subject of a great deal of discussion on the vertebrate paleontology listthis
    last week, including some of the paleontologists from the DMNS.

    This kind of thing doesn't bother me as much as it did many others on thelist.
    Religion has always been the first stepping-stone to true science. The
    brightest of the kids on these tours will eventually figure out that they've been
    spoonfed a child-like mythology during these tours. The remainder will simply
    become Bush-league Republicans.

    Wirt Atmar

  2. Re: [OT] Biomechanical evolution of vertebrate evolution

    Ah the Denver Museum tour - I saw this in a comment to a scienceblogs
    thread -

    "Last night, Nightline did a segment on a science museum in Denver that
    allows groups to come in and give a Biblical tour of the museum! A
    leader takes groups of children in and tells them how all the evolution
    science in the museum is wrong! I was amazed that the museum head let
    them do this, I wouldn't. After all, they all could go in, just without
    the unathorized tour."

    Oddly, the scienceblogs thread was about the creationist film
    "Expelled".

    "But it sure shows up the EXPELLED people!"

    Because in the queue for the Minneapolis showing a uniformed goon
    hauled P Z Myers out of the line and
    told him he wouldn't be admitted. (He'd been interviewed for the film
    and was sure it'd be a travesty.)

    However, his family and their guest were waved in.
    The guest was Richard Dawkins.

    http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/03/expelled.php

    > Definitely cool.... Almost looks like deer or elk....
    >
    > BUT...i fail to see the evolution part... A super piece of machinery
    > created by someone that can move and maintain it's balance. Similar
    > to you/me. Created by someone (God) that can walk about and maintain
    > balance.

    In that case, you'll very much enjoy this video clip that ran on ABC
    World
    News this weekend:

    http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4502198

    It's in regard to a group that calls themselves "Biblically Correct
    Tours." They
    provide private tours of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to
    primarily
    Christian home-schooled children.

    This video (or something similar that ran on ABC's Nightline earlier)
    was the
    subject of a great deal of discussion on the vertebrate paleontology
    list this
    last week, including some of the paleontologists from the DMNS.

    This kind of thing doesn't bother me as much as it did many others on
    the list.
    Religion has always been the first stepping-stone to true science.

    This message might contain confidential information. If it has been sent toyou in error please do not forward it or copy it or act upon its contents,but report it to postmaster@schroders.com

    Schroders has the right lawfully to record, monitor and inspect messages between its employees and any third party. Your messages shall be subject to such lawful supervision as Schroders deems to be necessary in order to protect its information, its interests and its reputation.

    Schroders prohibits and takes steps to prevent its information systems frombeing used to view, store or forward offensive or discriminatory material.If this message contains such material please report it to abuse@schroders..com

    Schroders does not normally accept or offer business instructions via emailunless prior agreements are in place. Any action that you might take upon this message might be at your own risk.

    Schroder Investment Management Limited
    31 Gresham Street
    London EC2V 7QA

    Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Schroder Investment Management Limited is entered on the FSA register under the following register number: 119348

    Registered Office
    31 Gresham Street
    London EC2V 7QA

    Registered number 1893220