how to re-install nx7300 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on how to re-install nx7300 - Hewlett Packard ; I'm trying to re-install a Hp-Compaq nx7300 notebook. A Virus damaged both the system (Windows XP Pro gave me a nice blue screen) and the recovery partition (when I try to start the recovery, it goes for a while but ...

  1. how to re-install nx7300

    I'm trying to re-install a Hp-Compaq nx7300 notebook. A Virus damaged both
    the system (Windows XP Pro gave me a nice blue screen) and the recovery
    partition (when I try to start the recovery, it goes for a while but then it
    stops).
    So I've tried to start from Windows XP but I need the SATA controller
    drivers because Windows doesen't find the Hard Drive. Where can I find them?
    In the HP website I didn't find nothing.

    Thank you

    Christian

  2. Re: how to re-install nx7300

    In my experience, Windows XP Pro or Home with Service Pack 2 has the SATA
    drivers integrated onto the CD, or, really, slipstreamed... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:19:58 GMT, "Skywalker Senior"
    wrote:

    >I'm trying to re-install a Hp-Compaq nx7300 notebook. A Virus damaged both
    >the system (Windows XP Pro gave me a nice blue screen) and the recovery
    >partition (when I try to start the recovery, it goes for a while but then it
    >stops).
    >So I've tried to start from Windows XP but I need the SATA controller
    >drivers because Windows doesen't find the Hard Drive. Where can I find them?
    >In the HP website I didn't find nothing.
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >Christian

  3. Re: how to re-install nx7300

    "Ben Myers" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > In my experience, Windows XP Pro or Home with Service Pack 2 has the SATA
    > drivers integrated onto the CD, or, really, slipstreamed... Ben Myers

    I'm trying to install from an original Win XP Pro SP2 CD, but it doesen't
    find the HD... :-(

    --
    Christian

  4. Re: how to re-install nx7300

    "Skywalker Senior" ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:wk4Ej.39215$FR.177465@twister1.libero.it...

    > "Ben Myers" ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> In my experience, Windows XP Pro or Home with Service Pack 2 has the SATA
    >> drivers integrated onto the CD, or, really, slipstreamed... Ben Myers
    >>

    > I'm trying to install from an original Win XP Pro SP2 CD, but it doesen't
    > find the HD... :-(

    I've solved the problem. I just disabled the RAID function (Native SATA =
    Disabled) from BIOS.
    In any case I downloaded Matrix SATA Drivers from Intel site and, during
    installation, I've extracted the necessary files to put on a floppy

    --
    Christian

  5. Re: how to re-install nx7300

    On Mar 18, 12:19*pm, "Skywalker Senior"
    wrote:
    > I'm trying to re-install a Hp-Compaq nx7300 notebook. A Virus damaged both
    > the system (Windows XP Pro gave me a nice blue screen) and the recovery
    > partition (when I try to start the recovery, it goes for a while but then it
    > stops).
    > So I've tried to start from Windows XP but I need the SATA controller
    > drivers because Windows doesen't find the Hard Drive. Where can I find them?
    > In the HP website I didn't find nothing.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Christian

    ===========

    if u find out its solution then please mail me.

    thanks

  6. Re: how to re-install nx7300

    You can find the SATA driver you need on the HP web site. Search for the model
    NX7300, then downloads, then download Intel SATA AHCI Controller Driver. To
    use, you need an external USB diskette drive and you need to follow the
    instructions on the HP web site to prepare the download for use. Once you start
    up the Windows XP install, you need to hit the F6 key to load the supplementary
    SATA driver.

    Leave it to Microsoft to do brain-dead stupid trailing-edge stuff like allow
    that was first available around 1995 with Windows NT 4.0 !

    You other choice would be to use the latest OEM version of XP, Home or Pro as
    appropriate, with Service Pack 2C. After serious pressure from its main name
    brand customers, Microsoft slip-streamed the SATA stuff into the Windows install
    CD... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 00:43:34 -0700 (PDT), abhinav wrote:

    >On Mar 18, 12:19*pm, "Skywalker Senior"
    >wrote:
    >> I'm trying to re-install a Hp-Compaq nx7300 notebook. A Virus damaged both
    >> the system (Windows XP Pro gave me a nice blue screen) and the recovery
    >> partition (when I try to start the recovery, it goes for a while but then it
    >> stops).
    >> So I've tried to start from Windows XP but I need the SATA controller
    >> drivers because Windows doesen't find the Hard Drive. Where can I find them?
    >> In the HP website I didn't find nothing.
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >>
    >> Christian

    >if u find out its solution then please mail me.
    >
    >thanks

+ Reply to Thread