Boot Problems - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Boot Problems - Hewlett Packard ; Wanted some input. I have a machine that will boot up to the point of the Aggregate recovery" message on the user volume set. At this point the machine hangs. Has anyone seen this? I take it there is a ...

  1. Boot Problems

    Wanted some input. I have a machine that will boot up to the point of
    the Aggregate recovery" message on the user volume set. At this point
    the machine hangs. Has anyone seen this? I take it there is a problem
    with the file system recovery and that there may be a problem with the
    system master. Is there any recovery option other than rebuilding the
    user volume set?

    Also, this volume set is on a 12H, so probably not disc failure. Though
    I am not ruling out a hardware problem.

  2. Re: Boot Problems

    Hi Dave,

    Hangs as in doesn't progress any further or does something else ? How long have you waited for the recovery to complete, this can take a while depending on size of VS ? Any missing discs at the SYSTEM I/O AT BOOT TIME msgs just before that ? Any physical signs of hardware malfunction ( discs or interface ) ?

    How many discs are on the user volume set ? If not that many you could try running the ODE diagnostics and checking each disc individually.

    Regards,

    Nige...

    Wanted some input. I have a machine that will boot up to the point of the Aggregate recovery" message on the user volume set. At this point the machine hangs. Has anyone seen this? I take it there is a problem with the file system recovery and that there may be a problem with the system master. Is there any recovery option other than rebuilding the user volume set?

    Also, this volume set is on a 12H, so probably not disc failure. Though I am not ruling out a hardware problem.