udcs - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on udcs - Hewlett Packard ; I want to copy an existing udc command file over, make some changes and append it to a udc menu. How do I do that safely? * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please ...

  1. udcs

    I want to copy an existing udc command file over, make some changes and
    append it to a udc menu. How do I do that safely?

  2. Re: udcs

    "mag" wrote :
    >I want to copy an existing udc command file over, make some

    changes and
    >append it to a udc menu. How do I do that safely?

    probably the trickiest part of what you're wanting to do is
    to actually get the new/revised udc 'turned on'. as long as
    the udc is busy, your changes can't be saved.

    you'll certainly want to test your changes (duh :-)
    hopefully you have a quiet place (another system or
    non-production account) where you can make/test your changes.

    if you can give us some more details, it will make answering
    your question easier. - d
    ---
    Donna Hofmeister
    Allegro Consultants, Inc.
    support@allegro.com
    +1 408.252.2330

  3. Re: udcs

    We cycle through udc file names for changes. Once the new stuff is tested in isolation, text up the current file, change it, keep under another name, then activate with setcatalog
    eg, making a change to system udc....
    qe
    /t sysudc5
    ....changes
    /kq sysudc6
    /e
    setcatalog udcsys6;system

    I want to copy an existing udc command file over, make some changes and
    append it to a udc menu. How do I do that safely?

  4. Re: udcs

    This below message is obviously a fake. Notice the use of capital letters
    and the return email address.

    Wait until donna finds out there is someone named Donna Hofmeister working
    at Allegro. What are the odds?

    Denys...