    From: Brice Yokem [mailto:byokem@YAHOO.COM]
    Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:51 PM
    To: HP3000 List; Denys Beauchemin
    Subject: Re: OT: Which is your favorite?

    As far as alternative energy is concerned, I am all in favor, if it can
    be
    done without being driven by politics.

    When nuclear power is discussed, the fossil fuel companies mumble to the
    republicans 'profits... campaign contributions... grumble grumble...'

    The environmental movement turns to the democrats and says
    'ENVIRONMENTAL CATASTROPHE' by reflex.

    That pretty much ends the discussion.

  2. Re: OT: Which is your favorite?

    I had thought they'd have dumped it onto one of their colonies on the
    other side of the world, but a swift Google on "france nuclear waste"
    says no, they don't -

    (unless Russia is a french colony
    http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=31466 from late 2005)

    Here's a positive view on their waste disposal -

    http://www.ocrwm.doe.gov/factsheets/doeymp0411.shtml

    And here's a different view

    http://www.greenpeace.org/internatio...ear-waste-cris
    is-france

    But as the top link says, it's all a state secret now, so probably
    noone really knows.

    (They don't wash, and they all drink bottled water so it probably
    doesn't matter very much.)