LPQ Printer NIC Lost - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on LPQ Printer NIC Lost - Hewlett Packard ; Anyone ever lose the config in their LPQ printers that provides Ethernet? We have an LPQ1500 that has a NIC and a Serial interface. But the config display only allows Centronics and Serial (there is no Centronics port.) I've been ...

  1. LPQ Printer NIC Lost

    Anyone ever lose the config in their LPQ printers that provides
    Ethernet?

    We have an LPQ1500 that has a NIC and a Serial interface.

    But the config display only allows Centronics and Serial (there is no
    Centronics port.)

    I've been through all the saved configs.

    I think the printer should know better than to lie to me like that.

  2. Re: LPQ Printer NIC Lost

    are you running the gui/admin? if so, might it be there? - d

    On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Johnson, Tracy
    wrote:
    > Anyone ever lose the config in their LPQ printers that provides
    > Ethernet?
    >
    > We have an LPQ1500 that has a NIC and a Serial interface.
    >
    > But the config display only allows Centronics and Serial (there is no
    > Centronics port.)
    >
    > I've been through all the saved configs.
    >
    > I think the printer should know better than to lie to me like that.

  3. Re: LPQ Printer NIC Lost

    Sorry can't run the gui from the panel display.

  4. Re: LPQ Printer NIC Lost

    well, no.

    this is windows software that enables remote management of the
    printers. good to use when there are multiple printers.

    it's probably save the say that if you don't know about the gui...then
    you're not using it....and there is no saved config. - d

    On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Johnson, Tracy
    wrote:
    > Sorry can't run the gui from the panel display.

  5. Re: LPQ Printer NIC Lost

    After opening it up it is painfully obvious that the NIC plugs into and
    is powered by, a Centronics port.

    Ergo: If the NIC fails it will only know the Parallel port. Thus the
    obvious cause.

    A port which, can only be accessed with the cover off, unless one finds
    proper hardware to affix it to the casing hole. Or thread a male
    parallel connector through the hole.

  6. LPQ Printer NIC Solution

    On a hunch, I reseated the Centronics port on the back of the NIC.

    Ethernet is back on this LPQ!

    (I was surprised, that by design they put a little cheesy Centronics to
    Ethernet converter to gain IP connectivity.)