Hung session - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Hung session - Hewlett Packard ; I was trying to add a new device to sysgen then use the doionow command which hung. Now I have this session that is hung and can't abort it. I have tried ABORTJOB, ABORTPROC and the kill command and still ...

  1. Hung session

    I was trying to add a new device to sysgen then use the doionow
    command which hung.

    Now I have this session that is hung and can't abort it. I have tried
    ABORTJOB, ABORTPROC and the kill command and still the session is
    there.

    This session has IOCONFIG.PUB.SYS open and no new sessions can
    logon. People that are logged on are ok and if you have a session and
    are at the colon prompt you can logon on to a different account, just no
    new seesion. You can't get the attention of the system when trying to
    logon new.

    Anyone with an ideas other than bringing the system down and back up,
    I have 117 uses currently logged on that I would have to kick off.

  2. Re: Hung session

    In message , Brent Moore
    writes
    >I was trying to add a new device to sysgen then use the doionow
    >command which hung.
    >
    >Now I have this session that is hung and can't abort it. I have tried
    >ABORTJOB, ABORTPROC and the kill command and still the session is
    >there.
    >
    >This session has IOCONFIG.PUB.SYS open and no new sessions can
    >logon. People that are logged on are ok and if you have a session and
    >are at the colon prompt you can logon on to a different account, just no
    >new seesion. You can't get the attention of the system when trying to
    >logon new.
    >
    >Anyone with an ideas other than bringing the system down and back up,
    >I have 117 uses currently logged on that I would have to kick off.

    Try ABORTIO from a different terminal, for the device running the
    session.

    Then maybe ABORTJOB again.

    --
    Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
    Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris