HP48GX Serial Cable - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP48GX Serial Cable - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone know whether a serial cable has been made with USB 2.0 on the computer end?...

  1. HP48GX Serial Cable

    Does anyone know whether a serial cable has been made with USB 2.0 on
    the computer end?

  2. Re: HP48GX Serial Cable

    > Does anyone know whether a serial cable has been made with USB 2.0 on
    > the computer end?

    Yup. http://sewelldirect.com/usbtoserial.asp

    TW

  3. Re: HP48GX Serial Cable

    In article
    <33af1c45-bed4-4826-92fd-61bc86f8ebdf@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
    Jack wrote:

    > Does anyone know whether a serial cable has been made with USB 2.0 on
    > the computer end?

    Yes. It appears that TW knows.

    --
    Our enemies shall talk themselves to death, and
    we will bury them with their own confusion.

  4. Re: HP48GX Serial Cable

    On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:57:34 -0700 (PDT), Jack wrote:
    >Does anyone know whether a serial cable has been made with USB 2.0 on
    >the computer end?

    plug a serial cable into a usb->serial adapter.

    Wrap some shrink tubing over the serial cable DB-9-pin end and usb->serial
    adapter if you want to pretend it is just a usb->HP cable.

+ Reply to Thread