Fixing the tilted display in a HP 35Ss? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Fixing the tilted display in a HP 35Ss? - Hewlett Packard ; Hello HP gurus, I am the "happy" owner of one on the early HP 35s with a tilted display. This one is noticeably tilted. Having imported the thing from the US and living in France, no way to have it ...

  1. Fixing the tilted display in a HP 35Ss?

    Hello HP gurus,
    I am the "happy" owner of one on the early HP 35s with a tilted display.
    This one is noticeably tilted. Having imported the thing from the US and
    living in France, no way to have it swapped for a new one. Has anyone
    owning one of those beasts tried to open and fix it ? If so, could he
    share his experience ? Or would you rather advice to keep it as is,
    making a collector to sell on eBay on 20 years from now ?
    All comments welcome,
    Hervé

  2. Re: Fixing the tilted display in a HP 35Ss?

    Hello,

    IIRC manual alignment of the display is relatively easy.

    Please check the forum on www.hpmuseum.org about this topic,
    as I remember it has been handled there before.

    HTH

    Raymond

    "Hervé Chappe" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello HP gurus,
    > I am the "happy" owner of one on the early HP 35s with a tilted display.
    > This one is noticeably tilted. Having imported the thing from the US and
    > living in France, no way to have it swapped for a new one. Has anyone
    > owning one of those beasts tried to open and fix it ? If so, could he
    > share his experience ? Or would you rather advice to keep it as is, making
    > a collector to sell on eBay on 20 years from now ?
    > All comments welcome,
    > Hervé

  3. Re: Fixing the tilted display in a HP 35Ss?

    On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:43:22 +0100, "Raymond Del Tondo"
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >IIRC manual alignment of the display is relatively easy.
    >
    >Please check the forum on www.hpmuseum.org about this topic,
    >as I remember it has been handled there before.
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Raymond

    Means, screwdriver aod soldering iron are added to each HP-35 for
    free?...

    A.L.

  4. Re: Fixing the tilted display in a HP 35Ss?

    Done !

    thank's to all,

    Hervé

    A.L. a écrit :
    > On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:43:22 +0100, "Raymond Del Tondo"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> IIRC manual alignment of the display is relatively easy.
    >>
    >> Please check the forum on www.hpmuseum.org about this topic,
    >> as I remember it has been handled there before.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>
    >> Raymond

    > Means, screwdriver aod soldering iron are added to each HP-35 for
    > free?...
    >
    > A.L.

+ Reply to Thread