Attahcing a 2562C printer without a DTC - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Attahcing a 2562C printer without a DTC - Hewlett Packard ; I have an HP3000-a500 box that has a DTC attached. The only item left on this DTC is a 2562C printer that I need for some multi-part paper that a couple of clients still require. I would like to remove ...

  1. Attahcing a 2562C printer without a DTC

    I have an HP3000-a500 box that has a DTC attached. The only item left
    on this DTC is a 2562C printer that I need for some multi-part paper
    that a couple of clients still require.

    I would like to remove this DTC, is there another way I can attach this
    printer.

  2. Re: Attahcing a 2562C printer without a DTC

    The simplest way to interface it is by using a print server such as an HP
    JetDirect using either a Centronics or a Serial interface. On an HP 3000
    the JetDirect interface.

    The printer was manufactured by Dataproducts. The model was something like
    LM315 or LM300. If you Google, you can probably find a Dataproducts
    centronics interface kit for it. The Centronics interface will likely offer
    better throughput.

    Charles Finley
    619-795-0720