Help - System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Help - System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107 - Hewlett Packard ; We have a 4way 979 no longer on support which has decided to fail every day or 2 with this error. Would anyone know how to determine what the cause of this error is? The full msg is: System Abort ...

  1. Help - System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107

    We have a 4way 979 no longer on support which has decided to fail every day
    or 2 with this error. Would anyone know how to determine what the cause of
    this error is? The full msg is:
    System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107
    System Halt 7, $06C2
    CPU Display: FLT DEAD | B907 | 0106 | 02C2
    Looking through the logs we have determined that this does not appear to be
    a hardware error in memory, Cpu or Disk. There is nothing obvious showingup
    in Glance when the failure occurs so anything that might direct us towards the
    problem would be appreciated. The server is running on 7.5, 8GB memory.

    Dave Bartlet
    WestJet Airlines
    dbartlet@westjet.com

  2. Re: Help - System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107

    Dave,

    This sounds like a Disk going bad. I have seen 3 in the last year. Try running FSCHECK and select CA or CHECKALL. Look for bad file labels, that will be the disk that needs to be replaced.

    Chuck

    Dave Bartlet wrote:
    We have a 4way 979 no longer on support which has decided to fail every day
    or 2 with this error. Would anyone know how to determine what the cause of
    this error is? The full msg is:
    System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107
    System Halt 7, $06C2
    CPU Display: FLT DEAD | B907 | 0106 | 02C2
    Looking through the logs we have determined that this does not appear to be
    a hardware error in memory, Cpu or Disk. There is nothing obvious showing up
    in Glance when the failure occurs so anything that might direct us towards the
    problem would be appreciated. The server is running on 7.5, 8GB memory.

    Dave Bartlet
    WestJet Airlines
    dbartlet@westjet.com

    ---------------------------------

  3. Re: Help - System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107

    Dave Bartlet wrote:
    > We have a 4way 979 no longer on support which has decided to fail every day
    > or 2 with this error. Would anyone know how to determine what the cause of
    > this error is? The full msg is:
    > System Abort 1730 from Subsystem 107
    > System Halt 7, $06C2
    > CPU Display: FLT DEAD | B907 | 0106 | 02C2
    > Looking through the logs we have determined that this does not appear to be
    > a hardware error in memory, Cpu or Disk. There is nothing obvious showing up
    > in Glance when the failure occurs so anything that might direct us towards the
    > problem would be appreciated. The server is running on 7.5, 8GB memory.

    :msgutil
    ****** MSGUTIL -- SYSTEM CATALOG MESSAGE DISPLAY UTILITY ******

    ---------------- INTERACTIVE MODE ----------------

    M - Message display