Perfview - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Perfview - Hewlett Packard ; Hello All, When trying to 'drill down' to the process level using Perfview , I only receive one day's worth of ( process ) data, though CPU Util will show me the whole month ...any ideas Thankies, Paul L. Sullivan ...

  1. Perfview

    Hello All,

    When trying to 'drill down' to the process level using
    Perfview , I only receive one day's worth of ( process ) data, though
    CPU Util will show me
    the whole month ...any ideas

    Thankies,
    Paul L. Sullivan
    Staples

  2. Re: Perfview

    Paul,

    > When trying to 'drill down' to the process level using
    > Perfview , I only receive one day's worth of ( process ) data, though
    > CPU Util will show me the whole month ...any ideas

    the process detail metrics typically use much more space than
    global metrics, so for a given log file size there is much more
    history for the global metrics.

    You can use the SCAN command in UTILITY.SCOPE to get info about
    the sizes of the different logfiles (logglob, logappl, logproc,
    etc) and how much records and megabyte per day they collect.

    You can also use UTILITY.SCOPE to resize some or all of your log
    files accordingly, if you want to have a week's worth of process
    details, for example.

    As the scope logs are "circular" in nature, i.e. when getting full
    they throw away the oldest data to make room for new data, you may
    want to also implement an archiving strategy with EXTRACT.SCOPE in
    addition. This will allow long-term access to the metrics.

    Chapter 4 and 5 in the Scope/PCS manual discuss the UTILITY and
    EXTRACT tools. Chapter 6 has a couple of tips for log archiving.

    Also see http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/doc3k/B5070090038.12050/1

    Lars.