Re: Questions - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Questions - Hewlett Packard ; 1. When you look into ImageSQL it displays 'Z8' field as 'Decimal (8,0)'.? Is there a way to specify the decimal place in Image, so it will display 'Decimal (8,2)? 2. We would like to be able to transfer Cobol ...

  1. Re: Questions

    1. When you look into ImageSQL it displays 'Z8' field as 'Decimal (8,0)'.? Is there a way to specify the decimal place in Image, so it will display 'Decimal (8,2)?

    2. We would like to be able to transfer Cobol source code 'EDTCT' type file using Reflection to PC and work with it in Fujitsu and once we are done with it, we would like to transfer it back to HP as 'EDTCT' file, so HP Cobol will be able to open the file or compile without any problems.? There are several ways to do this, but what is the best way and the shortest way?? (Fujitsu additions in our case will be 100% compatible with HP Cobol).

    3. We have several programs (character based programs) that switch the screen to 132 characters (Reflection) and then display the screen.?? Is it possible to do this with Form files using FormSpec?? It seems Formspec does not have a limitation of 80 character per line, but I am not sure if what we are trying to do will be ok.

    Thank you in advance for all your help and advise!
    Greg

  2. Re: Questions

    Greg asked:

    2. We would like to be able to transfer Cobol source code 'EDTCT' type
    file using Reflection to PC and work with it in Fujitsu and once we are
    done with it, we would like to transfer it back to HP as 'EDTCT' file,
    so HP Cobol will be able to open the file or compile without any
    problems.? There are several ways to do this, but what is the best way
    and the shortest way?? (Fujitsu additions in our case will be 100%
    compatible with HP Cobol).

    My suggestion is:

    HP e3000 - Map the source group to a Samba share. If you don't have
    Samba installed you will find loads of how-to information in the -L
    archive. Limit the search to this year and play close attention to the
    posts from 'donna'.

    PC - Map a network drive to the Samba share and get Fujitsu to use that
    drive.

    regards,

    Robert W.Mills
    Business Systems Development Analyst