HP tx1419nr, tx1410us, tx2000z - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP tx1419nr, tx1410us, tx2000z - Hewlett Packard ; I have seen the HP tx1419nr notebook (12.1 inch screen) at my local Best Buy, and have also seen a very similar tx1410us model at Circuit City. I have a few questions: 1. What are the differences between the tx1419nr ...

  1. HP tx1419nr, tx1410us, tx2000z

    I have seen the HP tx1419nr notebook (12.1 inch screen) at my local
    Best Buy, and have also seen a very similar tx1410us model at Circuit
    City. I have a few questions:

    1. What are the differences between the tx1419nr and the tx1410us?
    2. The machines come with Vista Home preinstalled. Would I run into
    any
    problems if I wanted to delete Vista and install Windows XP Pro
    instead? Any possible hardware of driver incompatibilities? Would
    installing Windows XP Pro void the factory warranty?
    3. I have not been able to find those two models on www.hp.com. I
    think
    the closest match is the HP Pavilion tx2000z. Does that mean that the
    tx1419nr and tx1410us have been discontinued? If so, then would the
    tx2000z indeed be the closest match?
    4. Is the factory warranty valid in Europe, or in the US only?

    TIA

  2. Re: HP tx1419nr, tx1410us, tx2000z

    bubbabubbs@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I have seen the HP tx1419nr notebook (12.1 inch screen) at my local
    > Best Buy, and have also seen a very similar tx1410us model at Circuit
    > City. I have a few questions:
    >
    > 1. What are the differences between the tx1419nr and the tx1410us?
    > 2. The machines come with Vista Home preinstalled. Would I run into
    > any
    > problems if I wanted to delete Vista and install Windows XP Pro
    > instead? Any possible hardware of driver incompatibilities? Would
    > installing Windows XP Pro void the factory warranty?
    > 3. I have not been able to find those two models on www.hp.com. I
    > think
    > the closest match is the HP Pavilion tx2000z. Does that mean that the
    > tx1419nr and tx1410us have been discontinued? If so, then would the
    > tx2000z indeed be the closest match?
    > 4. Is the factory warranty valid in Europe, or in the US only?
    >
    > TIA

    As I ran into recently with a New Toshiba Laptop, there may not be any
    XP drivers available for onboard devices.

    Don't know that it voids the warranty, I am sure they won't support the
    OS change.

    --
    The RIGHT REVEREND G.G. WILLIKERS
    (formerly) Monsignor Boddom

  3. Re: HP tx1419nr, tx1410us, tx2000z

    bubbabubbs@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I have seen the HP tx1419nr notebook (12.1 inch screen) at my local
    > Best Buy, and have also seen a very similar tx1410us model at Circuit
    > City. I have a few questions:
    >
    > 1. What are the differences between the tx1419nr and the tx1410us?
    > 2. The machines come with Vista Home preinstalled. Would I run into
    > any
    > problems if I wanted to delete Vista and install Windows XP Pro
    > instead? Any possible hardware of driver incompatibilities? Would
    > installing Windows XP Pro void the factory warranty?
    > 3. I have not been able to find those two models on www.hp.com. I
    > think
    > the closest match is the HP Pavilion tx2000z. Does that mean that the
    > tx1419nr and tx1410us have been discontinued? If so, then would the
    > tx2000z indeed be the closest match?
    > 4. Is the factory warranty valid in Europe, or in the US only?
    >
    > TIA

    There are two things in play in HP model numbers. First, you need to
    look very carefully at the specs on each computer; one digit difference
    in even the last numerical digit can mean a significant difference in
    the hardware. Secondly, it is standard practice that big box stores
    introduce a slight difference in numbers of models sold in a given store
    to defeat price comparisons and price matching.

    You are going to find that Vista models are becoming increasingly
    difficult to downgrade to XP now that Vista is well established and XP
    is nearing end of life cycle. This is going require research on the
    availability of XP drivers at the vendor's support site, particularly
    drivers for specialty notebook functions like media buttons, CD/DVD
    players not requiring that the computer be booted, on-board cameras, etc.

  4. Re: HP tx1419nr, tx1410us, tx2000z

    The only difference I see between those two models is the 1410 has a
    Lightscribe DVD burner and the 1419 has a standard 8X burner. All other
    specs look identical.
    Here are links to the two notebooks:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...e=7187&lang=en

    You likely could install XP, but be sure to download the needed XP drivers
    from the HP website before you do.

    HH

    "Quaoar" wrote in message
    > bubbabubbs@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> I have seen the HP tx1419nr notebook (12.1 inch screen) at my local
    >> Best Buy, and have also seen a very similar tx1410us model at Circuit
    >> City. I have a few questions:
    >>
    >> 1. What are the differences between the tx1419nr and the tx1410us?
    >> 2. The machines come with Vista Home preinstalled. Would I run into
    >> any
    >> problems if I wanted to delete Vista and install Windows XP Pro
    >> instead? Any possible hardware of driver incompatibilities? Would
    >> installing Windows XP Pro void the factory warranty?
    >> 3. I have not been able to find those two models on www.hp.com. I
    >> think
    >> the closest match is the HP Pavilion tx2000z. Does that mean that the
    >> tx1419nr and tx1410us have been discontinued? If so, then would the
    >> tx2000z indeed be the closest match?
    >> 4. Is the factory warranty valid in Europe, or in the US only?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > There are two things in play in HP model numbers. First, you need to look
    > very carefully at the specs on each computer; one digit difference in even
    > the last numerical digit can mean a significant difference in the
    > hardware. Secondly, it is standard practice that big box stores introduce
    > a slight difference in numbers of models sold in a given store to defeat
    > price comparisons and price matching.
    >
    > You are going to find that Vista models are becoming increasingly
    > difficult to downgrade to XP now that Vista is well established and XP is
    > nearing end of life cycle. This is going require research on the
    > availability of XP drivers at the vendor's support site, particularly
    > drivers for specialty notebook functions like media buttons, CD/DVD
    > players not requiring that the computer be booted, on-board cameras, etc.

  5. Re: HP tx1419nr, tx1410us, tx2000z

    HH wrote:
    > The only difference I see between those two models is the 1410 has a
    > Lightscribe DVD burner and the 1419 has a standard 8X burner. All other
    > specs look identical.
    > Here are links to the two notebooks:
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en
    >

    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...e=7187&lang=en
    >

    > You likely could install XP, but be sure to download the needed XP
    > drivers from the HP website before you do.
    >
    > HH
    >

    > "Quaoar" wrote in message
    >> bubbabubbs@yahoo.com wrote:
    >>> I have seen the HP tx1419nr notebook (12.1 inch screen) at my local
    >>> Best Buy, and have also seen a very similar tx1410us model at Circuit
    >>> City. I have a few questions:
    >>>
    >>> 1. What are the differences between the tx1419nr and the tx1410us?
    >>> 2. The machines come with Vista Home preinstalled. Would I run into
    >>> any
    >>> problems if I wanted to delete Vista and install Windows XP Pro
    >>> instead? Any possible hardware of driver incompatibilities? Would
    >>> installing Windows XP Pro void the factory warranty?
    >>> 3. I have not been able to find those two models on www.hp.com. I
    >>> think
    >>> the closest match is the HP Pavilion tx2000z. Does that mean that the
    >>> tx1419nr and tx1410us have been discontinued? If so, then would the
    >>> tx2000z indeed be the closest match?
    >>> 4. Is the factory warranty valid in Europe, or in the US only?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> There are two things in play in HP model numbers. First, you need to
    >> look very carefully at the specs on each computer; one digit
    >> difference in even the last numerical digit can mean a significant
    >> difference in the hardware. Secondly, it is standard practice that
    >> big box stores introduce a slight difference in numbers of models sold
    >> in a given store to defeat price comparisons and price matching.
    >>
    >> You are going to find that Vista models are becoming increasingly
    >> difficult to downgrade to XP now that Vista is well established and XP
    >> is nearing end of life cycle. This is going require research on the
    >> availability of XP drivers at the vendor's support site, particularly
    >> drivers for specialty notebook functions like media buttons, CD/DVD
    >> players not requiring that the computer be booted, on-board cameras, etc.

    Heh! I try to leave a little work for the OP.