Re: System Logging Error - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: System Logging Error - Hewlett Packard ; On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:03:43 -0800, Marti Jarsey wrote: >Thanks All. I'm going to assume a re-boot is needed. > A while back, there was a thread regarding system logging not being enabled. RESUMELOG does not work! Chris Bartram ...

  1. Re: System Logging Error

    wrote:

    >Thanks All. I'm going to assume a re-boot is needed.

    A while back, there was a thread regarding system logging not being enabled.

    RESUMELOG does not work!

    Chris Bartram posted the answer, but his post was incomplete.

    Chris suggested using SYSLOG from Allegro. A lot of systems have a copyof
    SYSLOG in the UTIL.LPS or UTIL.LUND group.

    However, what is needed is a NEWER version of SYSLOG, downloadable from
    Allegro.

    Once the new SYSLOG is installed, run SYSLOG, the command is...

    "SYSLOG ENABLE", and viola... it works...

    Once again, thank you Stan.

    -Criag

  2. Re: System Logging Error

    Re:
    > A while back, there was a thread regarding system logging not being enabled.
    > RESUMELOG does not work!

    I was reading Craig's post, looking forward to learning the
    solution ... and then got to:

    > However, what is needed is a NEWER version of SYSLOG, downloadable from
    > Allegro.
    >
    > Once the new SYSLOG is installed, run SYSLOG, the command is...
    >
    > "SYSLOG ENABLE", and viola... it works...
    >
    > Once again, thank you Stan.

    I learn something everyday ... but it's funny when what I learn is
    about something I wrote (and forgot about)

    (I apparently added that feature 2002-07-16.)

    thanks, Craig!

    Stan
    --
    Stan Sieler
    sieler@allegro.com

  3. Re: System Logging Error

    Stan Sieler wrote: Re:
    I learn something everyday ... but it's funny when what I learn is
    about something I wrote (and forgot about)

    (I apparently added that feature 2002-07-16.)

    thanks, Craig!

    They say memory is the second thing to go.... :-(

    -Craig