OT: Which is your favorite? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on OT: Which is your favorite? - Hewlett Packard ; Seeing as I posted my favourite sayings to this thread, rather tongue in cheek, and not meant to be taken seriously, I was interested to read James Byrne's interesting and well thought out riposte to the America not being civilized ...

  1. OT: Which is your favorite?

    Seeing as I posted my favourite sayings to this thread, rather tongue in
    cheek, and not meant to be taken seriously, I was interested to read
    James Byrne's interesting and well thought out riposte to the America
    not being civilized phrase. Of course it's not true and Oscar Wilde was
    only saying that for affect. However, James brings up some good points,
    which, true to form, Denys twists to his own prejudiced view of the
    world. However, even though Denys consistently evades the issues and
    has a serious dose of denial, he is not an unintelligent person, and as
    such will probably realize one day the error of his ways. In the
    meantime, Connie, please realize that nothing you will say or the facts
    you present will alter Denys's myopic viewpoint one bit. )

    Cheers,

    John Dunlop

  2. Re: OT: Which is your favorite?

    Hmm, I suspect that Oscar Wilde was only saying your "favourite saying" for
    effect, not what you said.

    Would you be so kind as to tell me what you think was prejudiced or
    incorrect about my response to James' divagations? Would you consider
    James' tripe to be in any way a prejudiced view of the world? If not, why
    not? What makes James' view correct and mine prejudiced and therefore
    incorrect in your view?

    Which issues do I constantly evade? Au contraire, I believe that far from
    evading issues, I plunge into them and I am happy to discuss them.

    Thank you for your kind words and the backhanded compliment, I just wish I
    could reciprocate, but alas, while to you I may seem myopic, you, on the
    other hand, are blind.

    Denys...