Maybe even SLT on USB, boot from a chip.

-----Original Message-----
From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On
Behalf Of Johnson, Tracy
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 6:33 PM
To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] newbie question -storing a file from tape to
disk -

Yes but are there USB ports on HP3000s? Or are there conversion boxes
that attach to SCSI cards?

In any case, that would be kind intersting, banks of Thumbnail drives
for Backup or User Volumes. Don't forget to issue that VSCLOSE command
before yanking them out! Don't put them on the System Volume Set!

If used as a backup medium, labeling would be tough. They come in
various shapes, you'd have to write dates say, on an Avery label
attached to the external box they came in. Or something like that.

Tracy Johnson
Measurement Specialties, Inc.

BT

NNNN