48 upgrade(?) to 50. - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on 48 upgrade(?) to 50. - Hewlett Packard ; I have a 48GX. Actually, I have two, one with a damaged screen. I didn't get a chance to load Metakernal, Erable, and Alg48 (et al) before RAM cards, to the best of my knowledge, became unavailable. I used to ...

  1. 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    I have a 48GX. Actually, I have two, one with a damaged screen. I
    didn't get a chance to load Metakernal, Erable, and Alg48 (et al)
    before RAM cards, to the best of my knowledge, became unavailable. I
    used to use Transfile WIN 48 software kit from Yellow computer Gmbh to
    write User rpl progs on the PC and transfer them to the 48. Does
    anyone have a copy as mine and its backup are damaged? Also, my old
    PC with a serial port has given up the ghost, including the hard
    drive. When I tried to get my 48 to talk to a friend's PC via Kermit
    and serial port, it failed. Is it time to chuck the whole mess and
    shell out bucks for an hp50 and a new PC, and if I do so what is the
    easiest way to write user RPL progs on the PC and send them,
    apparently by USB port, to the 50? I am aware of the recent post
    comparing the plusses/minusses of the two; I have a dilemma here.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    RAM cards for the HP-48 are easy to get on eBay,
    there are always some cards listed.

    And regarding the PC connection:
    Cheap and working USB-to-Serial adapters are also available in gazillions;-)

    I use such an adapter from Sitecom. It's very small and simply works:-)

    Depending on your needs you could also consider to try SpeedUI
    for the HP-48. More info on SpeedUI can be found on www.hpcalc.org

    About UserRPL programming on the PC :
    There are some options, lease take a look at www.hpcalc.org ;-)

    HTH

    Raymond

    "rein608" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >I have a 48GX. Actually, I have two, one with a damaged screen. I
    > didn't get a chance to load Metakernal, Erable, and Alg48 (et al)
    > before RAM cards, to the best of my knowledge, became unavailable. I
    > used to use Transfile WIN 48 software kit from Yellow computer Gmbh to
    > write User rpl progs on the PC and transfer them to the 48. Does
    > anyone have a copy as mine and its backup are damaged? Also, my old
    > PC with a serial port has given up the ghost, including the hard
    > drive. When I tried to get my 48 to talk to a friend's PC via Kermit
    > and serial port, it failed. Is it time to chuck the whole mess and
    > shell out bucks for an hp50 and a new PC, and if I do so what is the
    > easiest way to write user RPL progs on the PC and send them,
    > apparently by USB port, to the 50? I am aware of the recent post
    > comparing the plusses/minusses of the two; I have a dilemma here.
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    rein608 a écrit :
    > I have a 48GX. Actually, I have two, one with a damaged screen. I
    > didn't get a chance to load Metakernal, Erable, and Alg48 (et al)
    > before RAM cards, to the best of my knowledge, became unavailable. I
    > used to use Transfile WIN 48 software kit from Yellow computer Gmbh to
    > write User rpl progs on the PC and transfer them to the 48. Does
    > anyone have a copy as mine and its backup are damaged? Also, my old
    > PC with a serial port has given up the ghost, including the hard
    > drive. When I tried to get my 48 to talk to a friend's PC via Kermit
    > and serial port, it failed. Is it time to chuck the whole mess and
    > shell out bucks for an hp50 and a new PC, and if I do so what is the
    > easiest way to write user RPL progs on the PC and send them,
    > apparently by USB port, to the 50? I am aware of the recent post
    > comparing the plusses/minusses of the two; I have a dilemma here.
    > Thanks.

    Hi,

    Transfile WIN 48 is available from several vendors on eBay for example :
    http://item.express.ebay.com/ws/eBay...M_SIMILAR_LINK

    hope that will help,
    Herve

  4. Re: 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    On Feb 29, 6:06*pm, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > RAM cards for the HP-48 are easy to get on eBay,
    > there are always some cards listed.

    Thanks, but where at? The last I checked they were only available
    from a source in Germany (Klotz), and apparently he no longer makes
    them. It has been a while.

  5. Re: 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    Currently 'jgoodry' sells one: eBay 180220572356 .
    This is only a 32K card, but he also offers 128K and 1MB from time to time.
    You may ask him directly.

    HTH

    On Feb 29, 6:06 pm, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > RAM cards for the HP-48 are easy to get on eBay,
    > there are always some cards listed.

    Thanks, but where at? The last I checked they were only available
    from a source in Germany (Klotz), and apparently he no longer makes
    them. It has been a while.

  6. Re: 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    On Mar 4, 4:13*am, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > Currently 'jgoodry' sells one: eBay 180220572356 .
    > This is only a 32K card, but he also offers 128K and 1MB from time to time..
    > You may ask him directly.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > "rein608" schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:856619c9-1b81-4510-bbc6-97f5c45049b3@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
    > On Feb 29, 6:06 pm, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:> RAM cards for the HP-48 are easy to get on eBay,
    > > there are always some cards listed.

    > *Thanks, but where at? *The last I checked they were only available
    > from a source in Germany (Klotz), and apparently he no longer makes
    > them. It has been a while.

    Hello Raymond

    Just send me a mail to andreas.support@gmail.com I think I can help
    you with Transfile

    /Andreas

  7. Re: 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    >Hello Raymond
    >
    > Just send me a mail to andreas.support@gmail.com
    > I think I can help you with Transfile
    >
    >/Andreas

    Hello Andreas,

    thanks for the offer, but I don't use Transfile;-)

    Raymond

    (Did you mean another c.s.hp48 poster?)

  8. Re: 48 upgrade(?) to 50.

    On Mar 4, 4:21*pm, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > >Hello Raymond

    > > Just send me a mail to andreas.supp...@gmail.com
    > > I think I can help you with Transfile

    > >/Andreas

    > Hello Andreas,
    >
    > thanks for the offer, but I don't use Transfile;-)
    >
    > Raymond
    >
    > (Did you mean another c.s.hp48 poster?)

    I meant the first guy looking for the software "rein608" sorry got
    the wrong name........
    /Andreas

+ Reply to Thread