same guy...program - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on same guy...program - Hewlett Packard ; I got that last program going in RPN after reading that page where 2&2=4 should be 2 Enter 2 & 4. I got my program going and that is probably as far as I need to go in the carpentry ...

  1. same guy...program

    I got that last program going in RPN after reading that page where
    2&2=4 should be 2 Enter 2 & 4. I got my program going and that is
    probably as far as I need to go in the carpentry where that program
    figures differences in length of studs and along that rake board or
    hip rafter...where they land. Inside I hurt because you're all so
    brainy and all RPN and I...think that I'd hoped for ALG like my old
    carpentry book had recommended, but I'm there with the answers in RPN,
    like one of you guys. That program came out like: sto D rcl A x rcl
    C & Enter sto E rcl D rcl B x Enter sto F Rtn. And for info the whole
    thing ran on some numbers gotten from....in carpenter terms: run, rise
    and rafter length
    Thanks, my team, if only for the support of being there, Kip

  2. Re: same guy...program

    In article
    ,
    kiphopkins@comcast.net wrote:

    > I got that last program going in RPN after reading that page where
    > 2&2=4 should be 2 Enter 2 & 4. I got my program going and that is
    > probably as far as I need to go in the carpentry where that program
    > figures differences in length of studs and along that rake board or
    > hip rafter...where they land. Inside I hurt because you're all so
    > brainy and all RPN and I...think that I'd hoped for ALG like my old
    > carpentry book had recommended, but I'm there with the answers in RPN,
    > like one of you guys. That program came out like: sto D rcl A x rcl
    > C & Enter sto E rcl D rcl B x Enter sto F Rtn. And for info the whole
    > thing ran on some numbers gotten from....in carpenter terms: run, rise
    > and rafter length
    > Thanks, my team, if only for the support of being there, Kip

    You can enter stuff is good old algebraic form provided you start off
    with a tick mark. You should also end with one, but the 49's and 50's
    will add it if you forget. Then if you need it simplified, press EVAL.

+ Reply to Thread