Program to launch ROM Update? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Program to launch ROM Update? - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone know if it is/would be possible to have a routine that would jump into the ROM update screen? After a rather frustrating hour trying to help someone do this it got me thinking about a solution. I know ...

  1. Program to launch ROM Update?

    Does anyone know if it is/would be possible to have a routine that
    would jump into the ROM update screen? After a rather frustrating hour
    trying to help someone do this it got me thinking about a solution.

    I know that you can do the "pop a battery, wait a fraction of a second
    and then immediately press + and -", but some people just can't get
    the timing on that. I ask because there are some (essentially)
    electronic illiterate people using our yellow box which doesn't give
    them access to the reset button on the back, nor the USB port. I am
    talking people that have trouble understanding what is meant by "press
    the ON key" and "drag the file to the other window".

    I was just thinking about how to make it easier for them to update the
    ROM should it be necessary. If there was a way I could make a little
    "ROM Update" routine that they could select from a menu, that would be
    perfect. I am thinking that might not be possible however. . .

    TW

  2. Re: Program to launch ROM Update?

    On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:29:20 -0600:

    > I know that you can do the "pop a battery, wait a fraction of a second
    > and then immediately press + and -"

    Or ON+F, then ON, then "+ and -" (before calc restarts)

    Choose "2. Selftest" to skip the ROM update

    [r->] [OFF]

  3. Re: Program to launch ROM Update?

    > Or ON+F, then ON, then "+ and -" (before calc restarts)

    Definitely easier than a battery. . . but still requires timing that
    seems beyond some people. :-(

    TW

+ Reply to Thread