ns/3000 VT errors - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on ns/3000 VT errors - Hewlett Packard ; All, We've had problems with four servers almost simultaneously(3-4 hours), and have had all users bounced off Reflection sessions on each of the systems with the following error message at the console: **NS/3000 NETIPC error in VT; JOB: #s6; PIN; ...

  1. ns/3000 VT errors

    All,

    We've had problems with four servers almost simultaneously(3-4 hours),
    and have had all users bounced off Reflection sessions on each of the
    systems with the following error message at the console:

    **NS/3000 NETIPC error in VT; JOB: #s6; PIN; 68 INFO 0 (or 1)
    ERROR 39 (or 42)

    This bumps the users out of the session, but not off the system. When
    you get back on, you can run one or two commands, then you hang and
    get bumped off again.

    I've killed and restarted the JINETD job streams on each system, shut
    down the networks and restarted on each system, and shut down two of
    the systems and restarted them to no avail. It seems that I can reboot
    one server, get on and be fine for 10-15 minutes, but as soon as I log
    on to another server, the first locks up again.

    This is on four HPe3000 servers with a mix of MPE 6.5 PP2 - 4, and MPE
    7.0 PP6.

    I did see some previous posts on this, but didn't see a definitive
    answer.
    Anybody have ideas, suggestions? Need further detail?

    Regards,

    Dan

  2. Re: ns/3000 VT errors

    In article
    ,
    jhjr4381 writes
    >All,
    >
    >We've had problems with four servers almost simultaneously(3-4 hours),
    >and have had all users bounced off Reflection sessions on each of the
    >systems with the following error message at the console:
    >
    > **NS/3000 NETIPC error in VT; JOB: #s6; PIN; 68 INFO 0 (or 1)
    >ERROR 39 (or 42)

    >answer.
    >Anybody have ideas, suggestions? Need further detail?
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Dan

    Hopefully you are sorted by now. But if not I attack the problem in this
    order.

    1) The networking on one HP3000 going strange happens infrequently
    2) The networking on two going at the same time, would be a very rare
    occurrence indeed
    3) On three at the same time, we are entering Tooth Fairy existence
    realms
    4) On four, the odds are about the same as Denys and Wirt agreeing on a
    candidate in an American presidential election.

    I'd probably look at what connects them, the network.

    We had something similar recently at a client site where their inter
    site teleco supplier managed to configure multiple routings between two
    of their sites.

    I'd go ask "Who just changed what" of course they will deny it, the
    networking guys always deny anything they do could have affected
    anything :-)

    PS. When you do solve it, post the answer, it may help someone else

    --
    Alan Yeo
    ALANYEO@AFFIRM.CO.UK Just because you're paranoid

  3. Re: ns/3000 VT errors

    On Feb 17, 3:32*pm, Alan Yeo wrote:
    > In article
    > ,
    > jhjr4381 writes
    >
    > >All,

    > >We've had problems with four servers almost simultaneously(3-4 hours),
    > >and have had all users bounced off Reflection sessions on each of the
    > >systems with the following error message at the console:

    > > **NS/3000 NETIPC error in VT; JOB: #s6; PIN; 68 INFO 0 (or 1)
    > >ERROR 39 (or 42)

    > >answer.
    > >Anybody have ideas, suggestions? Need further detail?

    > >Regards,

    > >Dan

    > Hopefully you are sorted by now. But if not I attack the problem in this
    > order.
    >
    > 1) The networking on one HP3000 going strange happens infrequently
    > 2) The networking on two going at the same time, would be a very rare
    > occurrence indeed
    > 3) On three at the same time, we are entering Tooth Fairy existence
    > realms
    > 4) On four, the odds are about the same as Denys and Wirt agreeing on a
    > candidate in an American presidential election.
    >
    > I'd probably look at what connects them, the network.
    >
    > We had something similar recently at a client site where their inter
    > site teleco supplier managed to configure multiple routings between two
    > of their sites.
    >
    > I'd go ask "Who just changed what" of course they will deny it, the
    > networking guys always deny anything they do could have affected
    > anything :-)
    >
    > PS. When you do solve it, post the answer, it may help someone else
    >
    > --
    > Alan Yeo
    > ALAN...@AFFIRM.CO.UK * *Just because you're paranoid
    > Phone +44 1684 291710 * it doesn't mean someone isn't!.
    > Fax * +44 1684 291712

    All,
    I never did find out what caused the problem. What i did do, was shut
    down all four systems and bring them back up one at a time. That
    seemed to solve the issue with one minor exception. Now I cannot log
    on to one server more than once from any given desktop/laptop. The
    second session times out each time.

    Regards,
    Dan Horgan

+ Reply to Thread