Serial Port Connectors: HP49, HP49, HP200LX, PC - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Serial Port Connectors: HP49, HP49, HP200LX, PC - Hewlett Packard ; As many diagrams have led to confusion, I collected all of the Serial port pinouts for common devices. At the 'Serial Ports' link here: http://tchrapkiewicz.googlepages.com/hp48 I've gathered all of the relevant pinouts. Note that these diagrams are looking into the ...

  1. Serial Port Connectors: HP49, HP49, HP200LX, PC

    As many diagrams have led to confusion, I collected all of the Serial
    port pinouts for common devices.

    At the 'Serial Ports' link here:
    http://tchrapkiewicz.googlepages.com/hp48

    I've gathered all of the relevant pinouts.
    Note that these diagrams are looking into the connector on the
    respective pieces of equipment.
    Also note that the HP200LX and the HP49 connectors, while physically
    the same have different pinouts.
    Hope this information is helpful.
    TomCee

  2. Re: Serial Port Connectors: HP49, HP49, HP200LX, PC

    "tomcee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >[..]
    > Also note that the HP200LX and the HP49 connectors, while physically
    > the same have different pinouts.

    The plugs for the HP-38G, the 200LX, and the 49g are _not_ the same
    physically. They have a different 'notch' on top of the plugs.

    HP-38G: none
    HP-200LX: wide
    49g: narrow

    HTH

    Raymond

  3. Re: Serial Port Connectors: HP49, HP49, HP200LX, PC

    On Feb 15, 12:40*am, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > "tomcee" schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:da8f1123-e139-46b4-b75a-bbec2d47d4be@o10g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...>[..]
    > > Also note that the HP200LX and the HP49 connectors, while physically
    > > the same have different pinouts.

    > The plugs for the HP-38G, the 200LX, and the 49g are _not_ the same
    > physically. They have a different 'notch' on top of the plugs.
    >
    > HP-38G: none
    > HP-200LX: wide
    > 49g: narrow
    >
    > HTH