2008 OpenMPE Election - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on 2008 OpenMPE Election - Hewlett Packard ; To the MPE Community, The OpenMPE Board of Directors is pleased to announce that our annual election for Board of Director positions has begun. Please visit: to read about this year's candidates. The 2008 election will run through Friday, February ...

  1. 2008 OpenMPE Election

    To the MPE Community,

    The OpenMPE Board of Directors is pleased to announce that our annual
    election for Board of Director positions has begun. Please visit:
    to read about this
    year's candidates.

    The 2008 election will run through Friday, February 29th at 5:00pm
    (PST). The results will be publicly announced on March 4, 2007,
    following formal Board approval.

    In order to place a vote, you must be a member of OpenMPE. Go to
    to complete the membership
    form.

    To look up your membership number or if you need additional membership
    assistance, please send an email to Donna Hofmeister (dgarverick at
    longs dot com) requesting your number.

    In the event of multiple votes cast by one person, only the first
    ballot received will be counted.

    Once again, Ron Seybold is our independent election observer. The
    Board of Directors is grateful for Ron's willingness to participate
    and would like to thank him.

    Every vote cast will make a difference in determining MPE's future.
    HP is listening!

    On behalf of the OpenMPE Board of Directors,

    Donna Hofmeister
    Secretary, OpenMPE

  2. Re: 2008 OpenMPE Election

    It worked for me a few minutes ago.

    Olav.

    donna hofmeister wrote:

    >To the MPE Community,
    >
    >The OpenMPE Board of Directors is pleased to announce that our annual
    >election for Board of Director positions has begun. Please visit:
    > to read about this
    >year's candidates.
    >
    >The 2008 election will run through Friday, February 29th at 5:00pm
    >(PST). The results will be publicly announced on March 4, 2007,
    >following formal Board approval.
    >
    >In order to place a vote, you must be a member of OpenMPE. Go to
    > to complete the membership
    >form.
    >
    >To look up your membership number or if you need additional membership
    >assistance, please send an email to Donna Hofmeister (dgarverick at
    >longs dot com) requesting your number.
    >
    >In the event of multiple votes cast by one person, only the first
    >ballot received will be counted.
    >
    >Once again, Ron Seybold is our independent election observer. The
    >Board of Directors is grateful for Ron's willingness to participate
    >and would like to thank him.
    >
    >Every vote cast will make a difference in determining MPE's future.
    >HP is listening!
    >
    >On behalf of the OpenMPE Board of Directors,
    >
    >Donna Hofmeister
    >Secretary, OpenMPE

  3. PowerHouse: Creating a large indexed subfile

    [also posted to PowerHouse list]

    Environment:

    PowerHouse 8.39.C1
    HP e3000 MPE/iX 7.5

    Is there any way go get QTP to use KSAM 64 instead of KSAM XL when
    creating an indexed subfile?

    I have a programmer who ran into trouble with a QTP run trying to create
    a large indexed subfile. The record size is 556 bytes, and the length
    of the index is 42 bytes. With a SIZE of 5,000,000 it works. With a
    size of 7,000,000 it fails. With this size, the file exceeds the
    maximum size of a KSAM XL file, which is approximately 4 GiB.

    I suggested trying to force the file to be KSAM 64 by issuing a FILE
    command:

    :FILE fname;KSAM64

    He reported that it didn't work. It appeared that the FILE command was
    not honored.

    I then suggested building the subfile prior to the QTP run:

    :BUILD fname;REC=-556,7,F,ASCII;DISC=7000000; &
    KSAM64;KEY=(B,515,42,DUP);ULABEL=20;CODE=644

    He says this didn't work either.

    Searching the COGNOS knowledge database, I found the following:

    1. PowerHouse versions 8.39 and older does not support KSAM64 files.

    2. KSAM64 files are supported in PowerHouse for 8.49C. They are
    specified as KSAMXL [sic] in PDL.

    3. KSAM64 files are supported in PowerHouse for 8.49D. They are
    specified as ORGANIZATION INDEXED TYPE KSAM64 in PDL.

    I have two questions:

    Q1. Is there any way to get this to work in version 8.39?

    Q2. When the New Features document says that KSAM64 files are supported
    in 8.49D, does that also mean that PowerHouse will use KSAM64, when
    necessary, for a large indexed subfile? (If so, this would be one more
    reason for us to upgrade.)

    Thanks.

    Walter

    Walter J. Murray