Hp48GX vs HP50G - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Hp48GX vs HP50G - Hewlett Packard ; I Have been using an HP48GX for a long time and while it still works just fine, I have been wondering if I should upgrade to the 50G. Does anyone know what the functional differences between these calculators are (other ...

  1. Hp48GX vs HP50G

    I Have been using an HP48GX for a long time and while it still works just
    fine, I have been wondering if I should upgrade to the 50G. Does anyone know
    what the functional differences between these calculators are (other than
    speed/screen size/key locations & external ports)?

    Thanks for your help,
    Ed

  2. Re: Hp48GX vs HP50G

    Have you checked www.hpcalc.org .
    I'm sure there is a side-by-side comparison.

    I'd only upgrade if you need the additional features
    of the 50g, like CAS and/or long integers, or the speed.

    If you don't need to upgrade, I'd suggest taking a look
    at SpeedUI, the software turbo for the HP-48 G series calcs.

    Believe me, you never saw your old HP-48 responding that fast!

    HTH

    Raymond

    "ET" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >I Have been using an HP48GX for a long time and while it still works just
    >fine, I have been wondering if I should upgrade to the 50G. Does anyone
    >know what the functional differences between these calculators are (other
    >than speed/screen size/key locations & external ports)?
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    > Ed

  3. Re: Hp48GX vs HP50G

    I have checked www.hpcalc.org but I didn't find a clear comparison between
    these calculators. Anyone else know where I can find a clear comparison?

    Thanks

    ET

    "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote in message
    > Have you checked www.hpcalc.org .
    > I'm sure there is a side-by-side comparison.
    >
    > I'd only upgrade if you need the additional features
    > of the 50g, like CAS and/or long integers, or the speed.
    >
    > If you don't need to upgrade, I'd suggest taking a look
    > at SpeedUI, the software turbo for the HP-48 G series calcs.
    >
    > Believe me, you never saw your old HP-48 responding that fast!
    >

    > HTH
    >
    > Raymond
    >

    > "ET" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>I Have been using an HP48GX for a long time and while it still works just
    >>fine, I have been wondering if I should upgrade to the 50G. Does anyone
    >>know what the functional differences between these calculators are (other
    >>than speed/screen size/key locations & external ports)?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help,
    >> Ed

  4. Re: Hp48GX vs HP50G

    On Feb 5, 1:25 pm, "ET" wrote:
    > I have checkedwww.hpcalc.orgbut I didn't find a clear comparison between
    > these calculators. Anyone else know where I can find a clear comparison?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > ET
    >
    > "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote in messagenews:fo7upt$c9f$02$1@news.t-online.com...
    >
    > > Have you checkedwww.hpcalc.org.
    > > I'm sure there is a side-by-side comparison.

    > > I'd only upgrade if you need the additional features
    > > of the 50g, like CAS and/or long integers, or the speed.

    > > If you don't need to upgrade, I'd suggest taking a look
    > > at SpeedUI, the software turbo for the HP-48 G series calcs.

    > > Believe me, you never saw your old HP-48 responding that fast!

    > > HTH

    > > Raymond

    > > "ET" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >>I Have been using an HP48GX for a long time and while it still works just
    > >>fine, I have been wondering if I should upgrade to the 50G. Does anyone
    > >>know what the functional differences between these calculators are (other
    > >>than speed/screen size/key locations & external ports)?

    > >> Thanks for your help,
    > >> Ed

    I have not seen a direct comparison of the 48GX and the 50g. You might
    want to try looking for comparisons of the 48gx and the 49g. 50g is
    just the 49g thats a bit faster and has buttons more like the 48
    series. Much faster (and drains more batteries too).

    Nothing you can't do with the 48gx that you can do with the 50g
    (maybe). Metakernel and Erable will give you the added functionality.
    Only difference is the 50g is WAY faster. (I used to have a 48g+ and
    it was quite slow IMO)

  5. Re: Hp48GX vs HP50G

    On Feb 6, 3:04 pm, GTPoo...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Feb 5, 1:25 pm, "ET" wrote:
    >

    > I have not seen a direct comparison of the 48GX and the 50g. You might
    > want to try looking for comparisons of the 48gx and the 49g. 50g is
    > just the 49g thats a bit faster and has buttons more like the 48
    > series. Much faster (and drains more batteries too).
    >
    > Nothing you can't do with the 48gx that you can do with the 50g
    > (maybe). Metakernel and Erable will give you the added functionality.
    > Only difference is the 50g is WAY faster. (I used to have a 48g+ and
    > it was quite slow IMO)

    The screen is bigger too and black and white which is rare on 48GX,
    mine has the much more common blue screen. If you find a black and
    white take it...

    Arnaud

  6. Re: Hp48GX vs HP50G

    Look deeper
    try Author= "Nousiainen"

    "ET" wrote in message
    >I have checked www.hpcalc.org but I didn't find a clear comparison between
    >these calculators. Anyone else know where I can find a clear comparison?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > ET

+ Reply to Thread