HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48 - Hewlett Packard ; Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include keyboard-only commands such as CUT and PASTE. Hope I got them all. :-) The non-CAS list of 49/50 commands ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

  1. HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from
    that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include keyboard-only commands
    such as CUT and PASTE. Hope I got them all. :-)


    The non-CAS list of 49/50 commands not in the 48:
    { ANS COLLECT DBUG DEF DISPXY DRAW3DMATRIX e EQW EXITED EXPAND FAST3D
    FILER FLASHEVAL FONT\-> \->FONT FONT6 FONT7 FONT8 GROBADD HEADER\-> \-
    >HEADER i \oo INT I\->R KEYTIME LANGUAGE LNP LOCAL MENUXY MINIFONT \-
    >NDISP PLOT REF RENAME R\->I ROMUPLOAD SCALEH SCALEW SCROLL \GSX2

    \GSY2 SREPL STARTED STARTEQW STARTERR STARTOFF STARTUP TABLE TBLSET
    TOFF TPAR TRAN UNBIND VER WIN ZFACT ZPAR }

    The CAS list:
    { ? ABCUV ACOS2S ADDTMOD ALGB ARIT ASIN2C ASIN2T ATAN2S AXL AXM AXQ
    CASCFG CHINREM CMPLX CURL DERIV DERVX DESOLVE DIFF DIV DIV2 DIV2MOD
    DIVIS DIVMOD DIVPC EGCD EPSX0 EULER EXLR EXP&LN EXPAND EXPANDMOD EXPLN
    FACTOR FACTORMOD FACTORS FCOEF FOURIER FROOTS FXND GAUSS GCD GCDMOD
    GROBADD HADAMARD HALFTAN HERMITE HESS HILBERT HORNER IABCUV IBP
    ICHINREM IDIV2 IEGCD ILAP INTVX INVMOD IQUOT IREMAINDER ISPRIME?
    JORDAN KEYEVAL LAGRANGE LAP LAPL LCM LCXM LDEC LEGENDRE LGCD LIN
    LINSOLVE LNAME LNCOLLECT LVAR MAD MAIN MAP MATR MENUXY MODSTO MULTMOD
    NEXTPRIME PA2B2 PARTFRAC PCAR PLOT PLOTADD POWMOD PREVAL PREVPRIME
    PROMPTSTO PROPFRAC PTAYL QUOT QXA REF REMAINDER REORDER RISCH RREFMOD
    SCROLL SERIES SEVAL SIGNTAB SIMP2 SINCOS SOLVE SOLVER SOLVEVX SUBST
    SUBTMOD SYLVESTER TABVAL TABVAR TAN2SC TAN2SC2 TAYLOR0 TCHEBYCHEFF
    TCOLLECT TEVAL TEXPAND TLIN TRAN TRIG TRIGCOS TRIGO TRIGSIN TRIGTAN
    TRUNC TSIMP VANDERMONDE VER XNUM ZEROS lim rref \oo }

    Regards,
    Bill

  2. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    Nice list!

    Add RCLVX, STOVX

    ..

  3. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48


    "Bill Markwick" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:019c9380-bcd8-4f76-8542-c81596928d06@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...
    > Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from
    > that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include keyboard-only commands
    > such as CUT and PASTE. Hope I got them all. :-)
    >

    Slightly OT, but maybe interesting for HP-48 G series users:

    With SpeedUI, you'll have COPY and PASTE,
    an unlimited muliple items clipboard with LIFO and 'sticky' modes,
    and a convenient ClipBrowser.

    You also can use an optional Startup variable,
    which will be evaluated at warm start time.


    Raymond






  4. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    On Jan 8, 9:29*pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > Nice list!
    >
    > Add RCLVX, STOVX


    Thank you! Will do. And in the non-CAS list, LNP should be removed.

    Bill



  5. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    On Jan 9, 12:41*am, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > "Bill Markwick" schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:019c9380-bcd8-4f76-8542-c81596928d06@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...> Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from
    > > that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include *keyboard-only commands
    > > such as CUT and PASTE. *Hope I got them all. :-)

    >
    > Slightly OT, but maybe interesting for HP-48 G series users:
    >
    > With SpeedUI, you'll have COPY and PASTE,


    Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it and I'll try it out. One of
    the reasons I don't use my 48 much any more was the lack of a
    clipboard, so this should be interesting.

    Bill

  6. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    Hello Bill,

    the version of SpeedUI on Eric's site is outdated,
    and has some unpleasant bugs.

    These were corrected in an updated version,
    which I sent to hpcalc some time ago,
    but their site wasn't updated since September 2007,
    so Eric doesn't have the current version.

    I strongly suggest to use the current version only,
    which I can send you
    (and everyone who is interested in a really speedy HP-48 UI)
    by email in the mean time.

    Just drop me a note at:

    M a g i c 4 8 g e s @ g m x . d e (remove the obvious;-)

    Regards

    Raymond


    "Bill Markwick" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:715471b2-59b5-434a-bc76-3efb13f903eb@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
    On Jan 9, 12:41 am, "Raymond Del Tondo" wrote:
    > "Bill Markwick" schrieb im
    > Newsbeitragnews:019c9380-bcd8-4f76-8542-c81596928d06@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...>
    > Here's the first attempt to subtract the command set of the HP48 from
    > > that of the HP49/50 series. It doesn't include keyboard-only commands
    > > such as CUT and PASTE. Hope I got them all. :-)

    >
    > Slightly OT, but maybe interesting for HP-48 G series users:
    >
    > With SpeedUI, you'll have COPY and PASTE,


    Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded it and I'll try it out. One of
    the reasons I don't use my 48 much any more was the lack of a
    clipboard, so this should be interesting.

    Bill



  7. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    On Jan 8, 7:37*pm, Bill Markwick wrote:

    >> *Hope I got them all. :-)

    >


    I didn't. :-) Here are revised lists.

    Bill


    The updated non-CAS list of 49/50 commands not in the 48:

    { ANS COLLECT DBUG DEF DISPXY DRAW3DMATRIX DROPN DROP2 DUPDUP DUPN e
    EQW EXITED EXPAND FAST3D FILER FLASHEVAL FONT\-> \->FONT FONT6 FONT7
    FONT8 GROBADD HEADER\-> \->HEADER i \oo INT I\->R KEYTIME LANGUAGE
    LOCAL MENUXY MINIFONT \->NDISP NDUPN NIP PICK3 PLOT RCLVX REF RENAME R
    \->I ROMUPLOAD SCALEH SCALEW SCROLL \GSX2 \GSY2 SREPL STARTED STARTEQW
    STARTERR STARTOFF STARTUP STOVX TABLE TBLSET TOFF TPAR TRAN UNBIND
    UNPICK UNROT VER WIN ZFACT ZPAR }

    The CAS list:

    { ? ABCUV ACOS2S ADDTMOD ALGB ARIT ASIN2C ASIN2T ATAN2S AXL AXM AXQ
    CASCFG CASCMD CHINREM CMPLX CURL DERIV DERVX DESOLVE DIFF DIV DIV2
    DIV2MOD DIVIS DIVMOD DIVPC EGCD EPSX0 EULER EXLR EXP&LN EXPAND
    EXPANDMOD EXPLN FACTOR FACTORMOD FACTORS FCOEF FOURIER FROOTS FXND
    GAUSS GCD GCDMOD GROBADD HADAMARD HALFTAN HERMITE HESS HILBERT HORNER
    IABCUV IBP ICHINREM IDIV2 IEGCD ILAP INTVX INVMOD IQUOT IREMAINDER
    ISPRIME? JORDAN KEYEVAL LAGRANGE LAP LAPL LCM LCXM LDEC LEGENDRE LGCD
    lim LIN LINSOLVE LNAME LNCOLLECT LVAR MAD MAIN MAP MATR MENUXY MODSTO
    MULTMOD NEXTPRIME PA2B2 PARTFRAC PCAR PLOT PLOTADD POWMOD PREVAL
    PREVPRIME PROMPTSTO PROPFRAC PTAYL QUOT QXA REF REMAINDER REORDER
    RISCH rref RREFMOD SCROLL SERIES SEVAL SIGNTAB SIMP2 SINCOS SOLVE
    SOLVER SOLVEVX SUBST SUBTMOD SYLVESTER TABVAL TABVAR TAN2SC TAN2SC2
    TAYLOR0 TCHEBYCHEFF TCOLLECT TEVAL TEXPAND TLIN TRAN TRIG TRIGCOS
    TRIGO TRIGSIN TRIGTAN TRUNC TSIMP VANDERMONDE VER XNUM ZEROS \oo }

  8. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    Hi, Bill:

    Add: LIMIT ( alternative name for lim )

    KEYTIME must mean \->KEYTIME and KEYTIME\->

    It seems curious that KEYEVAL is part of CAS library (but it is).

    All of the commands (and any synonyms) are in certain libraries,
    though I don't quite know how to find them there

    "not in HP48" means "not in HP48G[X][+]"
    (there are also commands in HP48G[X][+] but not in HP48S[X],
    which may all be in library 171)

    HP48G[X][+] library 171 (not in HP48S[X]) includes:

    XVOL YVOL ZVOL XXRNG YYRNG EYEPT NUMX NUMY WIREFRAME
    PARSURFACE GRIDMAP YSLICE SLOPEFIELD PCONTOUR DIFFEQ
    VERSION ATICK TEACH CLTEACH RECT CYLIN SPHERE
    MERGE1 FREE1 ANIMATE LININ LIBEVAL CONLIB CONST
    FFT IFFT NDIST PSDEV PVAR PCOV RKF RKFSTEP RKFERR
    RRK RRKSTEP RSBERR COND TRACE SRAD SNRM RANK LSQ
    EGV EGVL SVD SVL LU QR LQ SCHUR RREF RANM
    \->ROW ROW\-> \->COL COL\-> \->DIAG DIAG\->
    ROW- ROW+ COL+ RSWP CSWP RCI RCIJ PROOT PCOEF PEVAL
    TVM TVMBEG TVMEND TVMROOT AMORT INFORM CHOOSE MSGBOX
    XSEND XRECV HEAD TAIL SEQ DOSUBS \GDLIST NSUB ENDSUB
    STREAM \GSLIST \PILIST DOLIST ADD REVLIST SORT ZFACTOR
    FANNING DARCY F0\Gl SIDENS TDELTA TINC gmol lbmol rpm dB
    PINIT XGET MSOLVR MINIT MITM MUSER MCALC MROOT

    [CL]TEACH have of course disappeared again in "49" series

    Now that we have all these lists, what do we do with them?
    ("why climb the mountain?" "because it's there"

    [r->] [OFF]

  9. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    On Jan 12, 9:43 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > Hi, Bill:
    >
    > Add: LIMIT ( alternative name for lim )
    >
    > KEYTIME must mean \->KEYTIME and KEYTIME\->
    >
    > It seems curious that KEYEVAL is part of CAS library (but it is).
    >
    > All of the commands (and any synonyms) are in certain libraries,
    > though I don't quite know how to find them there
    >
    > "not in HP48" means "not in HP48G[X][+]"
    > (there are also commands in HP48G[X][+] but not in HP48S[X],
    > which may all be in library 171)
    >
    > HP48G[X][+] library 171 (not in HP48S[X]) includes:
    >
    > XVOL YVOL ZVOL XXRNG YYRNG EYEPT NUMX NUMY WIREFRAME
    > PARSURFACE GRIDMAP YSLICE SLOPEFIELD PCONTOUR DIFFEQ
    > VERSION ATICK TEACH CLTEACH RECT CYLIN SPHERE
    > MERGE1 FREE1 ANIMATE LININ LIBEVAL CONLIB CONST
    > FFT IFFT NDIST PSDEV PVAR PCOV RKF RKFSTEP RKFERR
    > RRK RRKSTEP RSBERR COND TRACE SRAD SNRM RANK LSQ
    > EGV EGVL SVD SVL LU QR LQ SCHUR RREF RANM
    > \->ROW ROW\-> \->COL COL\-> \->DIAG DIAG\->
    > ROW- ROW+ COL+ RSWP CSWP RCI RCIJ PROOT PCOEF PEVAL
    > TVM TVMBEG TVMEND TVMROOT AMORT INFORM CHOOSE MSGBOX
    > XSEND XRECV HEAD TAIL SEQ DOSUBS \GDLIST NSUB ENDSUB
    > STREAM \GSLIST \PILIST DOLIST ADD REVLIST SORT ZFACTOR
    > FANNING DARCY F0\Gl SIDENS TDELTA TINC gmol lbmol rpm dB
    > PINIT XGET MSOLVR MINIT MITM MUSER MCALC MROOT
    >
    > [CL]TEACH have of course disappeared again in "49" series
    >
    > Now that we have all these lists, what do we do with them?
    > ("why climb the mountain?" "because it's there"
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]


    Having the list will make it much, much easier to move stuff from a 48
    to a 50. The biggest headache I had with my ~200kB of stuff was the
    problem mentioned in the thread
    "Moving 48gx userRPL programs to 50 "
    which is that a program moved, via drag-and-drop, from the 48 to the
    50 won't compile if there is a global variable in the 48 (e.g., a
    program name) which collides with a reserved name (e.g., one of the
    commands in the excellent lists above). Just scanning the list by eye
    gives the user (at least, if the user is the one who wrote the
    programs) useful tips as to where he needs to modify his programs on
    the 48 before dragging them to the 50. For example, I had a variable
    named LIN ("L Input") which was fine on the 48 but collides with the
    CAS command on the 50 and was a pesky thing to track down.
    --Irl

  10. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    On Jan 12, 9:43*pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:

    Thanks, John. I'll continue updating.

    > All of the commands (and any synonyms) are in certain libraries,
    > though I don't quite know how to find them there


    The menus inherited from the 48 can be a hunt, but the CAS menu is
    available from MENUXY, which displays 141 commands from 0 to 140. To
    show all of them, which is how I made the list: 0 140 MENUXY. I
    found that SORT wouldn't work unless I used DOLIST to make each
    command a string.

    > Now that we have all these lists, what do we do with them?
    > ("why climb the mountain?" "because it's there"


    We're list freaks. Having a good list is an end in itself. :-)

    Bill

  11. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:07:17 -0600, Irl wrote:

    > The biggest headache I had with my ~200kB of stuff
    > was the problem mentioned in the thread
    > "Moving 48gx userRPL programs to 50"
    > which is that a program moved, via drag-and-drop, from the 48 to the
    > 50 won't compile if there is a global variable in the 48 (e.g., a
    > program name) which collides with a reserved name (e.g., one of the
    > commands in the excellent lists above). Just scanning the list by eye
    > gives the user (at least, if the user is the one who wrote the
    > programs) useful tips as to where he needs to modify his programs on
    > the 48 before dragging them to the 50. For example, I had a variable
    > named LIN ("L Input") which was fine on the 48 but collides with the
    > CAS command on the 50 and was a pesky thing to track down.


    Well, I "cross that bridge as I come to it,"
    as well as all the other things which can also go wrong,
    even after successful compilation.

    If a program won't compile (or if OBJ\-> or STR\->
    errors when applied to its text string),
    you can precisely locate the error(s)
    by using the following program on the text string:

    \<< \->STR { V } + "" SWAP INPUT \>> 'SYN' STO

    This displays the string in the text editor,
    and checks its syntax when you press ENTER,
    highlighting any error.

    If you modify the string, in the editor, to eliminate all errors,
    then an edited, error-free string is returned,
    which OBJ\-> or STR\-> will successfully compile.

    Note: The above works on any HP48/49/50.

    Reminder: An entire directory of UserRPL objects
    can be transferred as a single "directory" object (or string),
    and compiled as one single unit.

    [r->] [OFF]

  12. Re: HP49/50 Commands not in the HP48

    May you should look for an excel worksheet I made
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5265
    __________________________________________________ ____
    "Bill Markwick" wrote in message
    news:e759805f-d7be-4438-8251-f1246e1d104e@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
    On Jan 12, 9:43 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:

    Thanks, John. I'll continue updating.

    > All of the commands (and any synonyms) are in certain libraries,
    > though I don't quite know how to find them there


    The menus inherited from the 48 can be a hunt, but the CAS menu is
    available from MENUXY, which displays 141 commands from 0 to 140. To
    show all of them, which is how I made the list: 0 140 MENUXY. I
    found that SORT wouldn't work unless I used DOLIST to make each
    command a string.

    > Now that we have all these lists, what do we do with them?
    > ("why climb the mountain?" "because it's there"


    We're list freaks. Having a good list is an end in itself. :-)

    Bill



+ Reply to Thread