CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx - Hewlett Packard ; I received another replacement CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx from Hp Parts Store ,a TSST Corp TS-H292C. The drive has gone bad- again. What kind of CD-RW drive would you recommend ? I am getting tired of the TSST ...

  1. CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx

    I received another replacement CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx from Hp
    Parts Store ,a TSST Corp TS-H292C.

    The drive has gone bad- again.

    What kind of CD-RW drive would you recommend ? I am getting tired of the
    TSST Corp drives.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx

    Sony or LiteOn for starters. Hitachi-GoldStar, which are branded HGST, I think.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 10:22:49 -0500, "L" wrote:

    >I received another replacement CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx from Hp
    >Parts Store ,a TSST Corp TS-H292C.
    >
    >The drive has gone bad- again.
    >
    >What kind of CD-RW drive would you recommend ? I am getting tired of the
    >TSST Corp drives.
    >
    >Thanks,

  3. Re: CD-RW drive for a Presario S4200nx

    Thanks.

    The cd-rw drive seems to be working ,but it will not burn cds whatsoever.

    Tried a firmware update,reinstalling windows,uninstalling & reinstaling the
    CD-RWdriver,, gone into services.msc /s & made sure that the Imapi CD
    burning is set to automatic, Checked to see if the recording tab is checked
    in the drive properties, & ran a check with PC doctor & received a code of
    RW5291.

    The error message I am receiving is- Cannot complete the CD writing wizard.
    Also tried burning a cd in Record Now & cannot burn a cd.

    Called Hp support & the tech thought it was read write seek failure.

    Is there anything else to try?