hp m8200n media center - VHS input? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on hp m8200n media center - VHS input? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I've got a brand-new HP M8200N media centre and for the life of me cannot figure out how to capture my VHS input (plugged into the front panel as composite video 2 and audio 2). The HP help desk ...

  1. hp m8200n media center - VHS input?

    Hi,
    I've got a brand-new HP M8200N media centre and for the life of me
    cannot figure out how to capture my VHS input (plugged into the front
    panel as composite video 2 and audio 2).

    The HP help desk offered to sell me a premium support ticket - argh!

    Any ideas which pre-installed software should be able to help me do
    this?

    Thanks!
    Adriano

  2. Re: hp m8200n media center - VHS input?

    On my Media Center 7960, the front plugs are output. You need to plug the
    VCR into the back plugs.

    As for software, I use Nero 7 to capture the video& audio output and burn
    to DVD, and it works like a charm after you get it all set up. Don't know
    what software came with your MC sys.

    noend7
    ---------
    abassoa@gmail.com wrote in news:ea4cf0cf-30f9-497e-87ee-9a5685b189e7
    @y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    > I've got a brand-new HP M8200N media centre and for the life of me
    > cannot figure out how to capture my VHS input (plugged into the front
    > panel as composite video 2 and audio 2).
    >
    > The HP help desk offered to sell me a premium support ticket - argh!
    >
    > Any ideas which pre-installed software should be able to help me do
    > this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Adriano

  3. Re: hp m8200n media center - VHS input?

    On Dec 24, 6:26 am, noend7 wrote:
    > On myMediaCenter7960, the front plugs are output. You need to plug the
    > VCR into the back plugs.
    >
    > As for software, I use Nero 7 to capture the video& audio output and burn
    > to DVD, and it works like a charm after you get it all set up. Don't know
    > what software came with your MC sys.
    >
    > noend7
    > ---------
    > abas...@gmail.com wrote in news:ea4cf0cf-30f9-497e-87ee-9a5685b189e7
    > @y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I've got a brand-newHPM8200Nmediacentre and for the life of me
    > > cannot figure out how to capture my VHS input (plugged into the front
    > > panel as composite video 2 and audio 2).

    > > TheHPhelp desk offered to sell me a premium support ticket - argh!

    > > Any ideas which pre-installed software should be able to help me do
    > > this?

    > > Thanks!
    > > Adriano

    Thanks noend7.

    In case anyone else runs into this, it turns out that the right answer
    is Roxio Creator Basic v9 (pre-installed with the M8200N that I
    bought), then be sure to switch input devices to get the front-panel
    working.

    This would have made for a nice two pages in the guidebook...

  4. Re: hp m8200n media center - VHS input?

    Stumbled across this while searching for answer to the same problem.

    Indeed a mere mention in the manual would have been helpful. I can't
    imagine why HP would to the work to include a feature and then not
    document it.

    Thanks abassoa.

    On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 19:22:42 -0800 (PST), abassoa@gmail.com wrote:

    >In case anyone else runs into this, it turns out that the right answer
    >is Roxio Creator Basic v9 (pre-installed with the M8200N that I
    >bought), then be sure to switch input devices to get the front-panel
    >working.
    >
    >This would have made for a nice two pages in the guidebook...

+ Reply to Thread