HP.com problems - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP.com problems - Hewlett Packard ; I have been trying to use http://hp.com/ for the past few days to research on a few Color LaserJet printers that are nor current. The Web site won't open any pages for support or drivers for any printer that HP ...

  1. HP.com problems

    I have been trying to use http://hp.com/ for the past few days to research
    on a few Color LaserJet printers that are nor current. The Web site won't
    open any pages for support or drivers for any printer that HP doesn't
    currently have for sale. Does anyone else have this problem or is it my
    setup here? This could be yet another HP marketing strategy to force the
    replacement of non supported hardware :-(

  2. Re: HP.com problems

    Dean-MN wrote:

    > I have been trying to use http://hp.com/ for the past few days to research
    > on a few Color LaserJet printers that are nor current. The Web site won't
    > open any pages for support or drivers for any printer that HP doesn't
    > currently have for sale. Does anyone else have this problem or is it my
    > setup here? This could be yet another HP marketing strategy to force the
    > replacement of non supported hardware :-(

    Perhap you could be more specific. Which printers were you looking for, what
    OS, etc.

    Also, you could provide the full URL for the page where you were searching.

    Start your search from here.
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

  3. Re: HP.com problems

    craigm wrote:
    > Dean-MN wrote:
    >
    >> I have been trying to use http://hp.com/ for the past few days to
    >> research on a few Color LaserJet printers that are nor current. The
    >> Web site won't open any pages for support or drivers for any printer
    >> that HP doesn't currently have for sale. Does anyone else have this
    >> problem or is it my setup here? This could be yet another HP
    >> marketing strategy to force the replacement of non supported
    >> hardware :-(

    > Perhap you could be more specific. Which printers were you looking
    > for, what OS, etc.
    >
    > Also, you could provide the full URL for the page where you were
    > searching.
    >
    > Start your search from here.
    > http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    Hi,
    For instance...
    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=8&submit.y=7

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=6&submit.y=6

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=8&submit.y=4

    The setup is: Dell Dimension E521, AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
    2.40 GHz, Windows Vista Home Premium, IE7, Firefox 2.2.2.11., Comcast high
    speed, Motorola SB5120 modem, Linksys BEFSR41 v3 router. My results are the
    same on my Windows XP machine.

    I can get to http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html but after
    that, the Web site won't return anything. Fill in the search box or click on
    "Printers & Multifunction" only returns a "Internet Explorer cannot display
    the webpage" or in Firefox "The connection has timed out"...Dean

  4. Re: HP.com problems

    Dean-MN wrote:

    > craigm wrote:
    >> Dean-MN wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have been trying to use http://hp.com/ for the past few days to
    >>> research on a few Color LaserJet printers that are nor current. The
    >>> Web site won't open any pages for support or drivers for any printer
    >>> that HP doesn't currently have for sale. Does anyone else have this
    >>> problem or is it my setup here? This could be yet another HP
    >>> marketing strategy to force the replacement of non supported
    >>> hardware :-(

    >> Perhap you could be more specific. Which printers were you looking
    >> for, what OS, etc.
    >>
    >> Also, you could provide the full URL for the page where you were
    >> searching.
    >>
    >> Start your search from here.
    >> http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    > Hi,
    > For instance...

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=8&submit.y=7

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=6&submit.y=6

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=8&submit.y=4

    > The setup is: Dell Dimension E521, AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor
    > 4600+ 2.40 GHz, Windows Vista Home Premium, IE7, Firefox 2.2.2.11.,
    > Comcast high
    > speed, Motorola SB5120 modem, Linksys BEFSR41 v3 router. My results are
    > the same on my Windows XP machine.
    >
    > I can get to http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html but after
    > that, the Web site won't return anything. Fill in the search box or click
    > on "Printers & Multifunction" only returns a "Internet Explorer cannot
    > display the webpage" or in Firefox "The connection has timed out"...Dean

    They work for me. Could it be a DNS problem withy our ISP?

  5. Re: HP.com problems

    "craigm" wrote in message
    newsUxbj.15$043.95326@news.sisna.com...
    > Dean-MN wrote:
    >

    > > craigm wrote:

    > >> Perhap you could be more specific. Which printers were you looking
    > >> for, what OS, etc.
    > >>
    > >> Also, you could provide the full URL for the page where you were
    > >> searching.
    > >>
    > >> Start your search from here.
    > >> http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    > > Hi,
    > > For instance...

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=8&submit.y=7

    There appears to be an issue past that initial page...

    driver download page.

    Steps:
    1. Click the above link (quoted in this post).

    2. Click a product under the "HP Color LaserJet 4550 Printer series" in bold
    text (e.g., HP Color LaserJet 4550 Printer).

    3. Click Download drivers and software.

    4. Click the same product (so it appears that the product needs to be
    selected two times total in this user flow) under the Select your product
    area.

    5. Click an operating system under the "Select operating system area" (e.g.,
    Microsoft Windows XP).

    6. Click any of the available Download buttons, then wait a moment...

    Result:
    The web browser displays a page indicating "The page cannot be displayed...
    Cannot find server or DNS error."

    The location that was supposed to be accessed in this specific case when one
    of the Download buttons was clicked was this...

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...lesize=2753299

    Expected:
    Begin driver download without any errors, or display a page with an
    informative error message
    if the driver is no longer available for download.

    Notes:
    This occurred when using MSIE 6. I did not attempt the other operating
    systems in the "Select operating system area" list, nor did I attempt to
    check the same steps with the other two links below. (But, if this is a
    problem with more than one OS selection, then it seems like someone might
    want to run a regression test against the Download buttons available within
    each OS selection.)

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=6&submit.y=6

    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=8&submit.y=4

    > > The setup is: Dell Dimension E521, AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor
    > > 4600+ 2.40 GHz, Windows Vista Home Premium, IE7, Firefox 2.2.2.11.,
    > > Comcast high
    > > speed, Motorola SB5120 modem, Linksys BEFSR41 v3 router. My results are
    > > the same on my Windows XP machine.
    > >
    > > I can get to http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html but after
    > > that, the Web site won't return anything. Fill in the search box or

    click
    > > on "Printers & Multifunction" only returns a "Internet Explorer cannot
    > > display the webpage" or in Firefox "The connection has timed out"...Dean

    > They work for me. Could it be a DNS problem withy our ISP?

  6. Re: HP.com problems

    Hi,
    Thanks Daniel for digging deep into the HP drivers pages. You got farther
    than I can get recently. Yesterday I was able to get to the page that lists
    the individual printers in a series, i.e. a list of 2605 printers but no
    farther. At different times, I can get farther along in the search for a
    specific printer.
    I reset my network this morning and bypassed the router and there was no
    change in my results. Later this morning I'm going to go to one of the
    local coffee shops and use their public Internet computer to see if there's
    any difference. If I get different results, I'll know it's something with
    my network... Dean

+ Reply to Thread