HP Laserjet 5N - Tray 1 load letter - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Laserjet 5N - Tray 1 load letter - Hewlett Packard ; Hello: I have an HP Laserjet 5N. It has recently been moved from 1 physical location to another and was working normally prior to the move using Letter papper in both Tray 2 and 3. The printer has the 3rd ...

  1. HP Laserjet 5N - Tray 1 load letter

    Hello:

    I have an HP Laserjet 5N. It has recently been moved from 1 physical
    location to another and was working normally prior to the move using
    Letter papper in both Tray 2 and 3. The printer has the 3rd tray
    attatchment installed. What I am trying to accomplish is to convert
    this tray to Legal (formerly letter) and using tray 2 for
    letter....this printer will be printing about 80% Legal....the reason
    for using the much bigger 3rd tray for legal. I have converted the
    tray to legal by extending the tray and turning the nob to
    Legal.......I have installed the printer and Network comunication
    works....and I am using the HP 5N Driver that it was using prviously

    When I print a page.....the job goes to the printer and disapears from
    the Cue.....I then go the the physical printer...the display is
    showing "Load Letter Tray 1"....I simply press the go button....and it
    will print the test page....from Tray 3 (legal).

    I have tried all sorts of permutations and combination...but I cannot
    get it to print mormally....

    If any body can help...that would be great....I am obviously missing
    something??

    thanks

  2. Re: HP Laserjet 5N - Tray 1 load letter

    On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:10:05 -0800 (PST), rayzor70 wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >I have an HP Laserjet 5N. It has recently been moved from 1 physical
    >location to another and was working normally prior to the move using
    >Letter papper in both Tray 2 and 3. The printer has the 3rd tray
    >attatchment installed. What I am trying to accomplish is to convert
    >this tray to Legal (formerly letter) and using tray 2 for
    >letter....this printer will be printing about 80% Legal....the reason
    >for using the much bigger 3rd tray for legal. I have converted the
    >tray to legal by extending the tray and turning the nob to
    >Legal.......I have installed the printer and Network comunication
    >works....and I am using the HP 5N Driver that it was using prviously
    >
    >When I print a page.....the job goes to the printer and disapears from
    >the Cue.....I then go the the physical printer...the display is
    >showing "Load Letter Tray 1"....I simply press the go button....and it
    >will print the test page....from Tray 3 (legal).
    >
    >I have tried all sorts of permutations and combination...but I cannot
    >get it to print mormally....
    >
    >If any body can help...that would be great....I am obviously missing
    >something??
    >
    >thanks

    Take a look in the properties of your printer driver. Is it set to print
    from
    a specific tray? Is the paper type set to something other than Plain Paper?
    Does the printer driver describe the printer as having tray 3 installed?

    Try to print the configuration page for the printer. Does it show tray 3
    as
    being legal size plain paper? Does it show a default tray that it will try
    print from? It should probably be set to Auto. What does it describe tray 1
    as being?

    Aidan Grey

+ Reply to Thread