Finally found an HP-35S - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Finally found an HP-35S - Hewlett Packard ; Today at Fry's I checked the calculator section and finally found a few HP-35s's. They were $74.95, a bit expensive but they were there so I bought one. Let's see what all the fuss is about. Will it replace my ...

  1. Finally found an HP-35S

    Today at Fry's I checked the calculator section and finally found a few HP-35s's.

    They were $74.95, a bit expensive but they were there so I bought one.

    Let's see what all the fuss is about.

    Will it replace my HP-15C for general work? We shall see. But probably not till after Christmas. I
    also bought my wife a present and I think that's a good time to spring it on her.

    Cheers,

    Rich

  2. Re: Finally found an HP-35S

    "Rich" wrote in message
    news:eYudnUwP2Je6gtPanZ2dnUVZ_hmtnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

    > Will it replace my HP-15C for general work? We shall see. But probably not
    > till after Christmas. I also bought my wife a present and I think that's a
    > good time to spring it on her.

    You could have killed two birds with one stone and gotten her the 35s for
    Christmas!
    Then again, you may enjoy living too much to do that.

    Tom Lake

    --
    Quote from a Famous Maker's BIOS Release notes:
    "Fixed issue where PMM calls would sometimes fail incorrectly"

    Is there a correct way to fail?

  3. Re: Finally found an HP-35S

    Tom Lake wrote:

    > "Rich" wrote in message
    > news:eYudnUwP2Je6gtPanZ2dnUVZ_hmtnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >>

    >> Will it replace my HP-15C for general work? We shall see. But probably
    >> not till after Christmas. I also bought my wife a present and I think
    >> that's a good time to spring it on her.

    > You could have killed two birds with one stone and gotten her the 35s
    > for Christmas!
    > Then again, you may enjoy living too much to do that.

    Hehe.

    Last year I bought her some bricks for the garden. I noticed that the number
    of bricks was the same as her age, and her birthday was just a few days away,
    and also our anniversary. So I said that they were her birthday present,
    then when that didn't fly, I claimed that the 7th anniversary was the brick
    anniversary. I even modified a web page showing what the wedding anniversaries
    so that it showed 7 as brick. What can I say, women have no sense of humor
    about these things.

    I think I'll lay low for a few years before my next prank. Maybe she'll forget. :-)

    Cheers,

    Rich

    > Tom Lake
    >
    > --
    > Quote from a Famous Maker's BIOS Release notes:
    > "Fixed issue where PMM calls would sometimes fail incorrectly"
    >
    > Is there a correct way to fail?

  4. Re: Finally found an HP-35S

    I just bought one from Amazon for $64.xx, but did the slower shipping
    to save some $$

    On Nov 28, 6:13 pm, Rich wrote:
    > Today at Fry's I checked the calculator section and finally found a few HP-35s's.
    >
    > They were $74.95, a bit expensive but they were there so I bought one.
    >
    > Let's see what all the fuss is about.
    >
    > Will it replace my HP-15C for general work? We shall see. But probably not till after Christmas. I
    > also bought my wife a present and I think that's a good time to spring it on her.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Rich

+ Reply to Thread