MMC - SD ERROR - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on MMC - SD ERROR - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, the Filer on my 49G+ shows for one file [?] MMC - SD ERROR I can not purge this file and it does not show up in the Win XP Explorer. Any clues ? Greetings Andreas http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de...

  1. MMC - SD ERROR

    Hello,

    the Filer on my 49G+ shows for one file

    [?] MMC - SD ERROR

    I can not purge this file and it does not show up in the Win XP
    Explorer.

    Any clues ?

    Greetings
    Andreas
    http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

  2. Re: MMC - SD ERROR

    > Any clues ?

    I think I had that once and the filesytem was corrupt. Check it and
    see if that happened to you. It would still read and show files in
    both linux and win, but neither would delete it.

    TW

  3. Re: MMC - SD ERROR

    Hello Tim,

    a CHKDSK from the Command-Box in XP showed that nothing is wrong. Of
    course I can reformat the card but I am just curious how and why this
    could happen, the disk is only used for transfering files from the pc
    to the calc for testing.

    Greetings
    Andreas

  4. Re: MMC - SD ERROR

    On Nov 26, 1:19 pm, "Andreas Möller"
    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > the Filer on my 49G+ shows for one file
    >
    > [?] MMC - SD ERROR
    >
    > I can not purge this file and it does not show up in the Win XP
    > Explorer.
    >
    > Any clues ?
    >
    > Greetings
    > Andreashttp://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

    Hi,
    Mine shows the same thing [?] Mike's SD ERROR
    I think it has to do with the differences in naming conventions
    between Xp and DOS. Try renaming your SD card to something without
    spaces or special characters and see if this helps.

    viele Grusse!
    Mike

  5. Re: MMC - SD ERROR

    > Try renaming your SD card to something without
    > spaces or special characters and see if this helps.

    The funny thing is, I never changed the name of the card and stick to
    the 8.3 naming convention of the FAT.

    Greetings
    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread