LaserJet 2100TN: Drivers and Fonts - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on LaserJet 2100TN: Drivers and Fonts - Hewlett Packard ; On Nov 28, 9:03 am, Ben Myers wrote: > Back before nicely illustrated Acrobat PDFs became ever so popular, I used a > handy dandy DOS utility called LJBOOK. It would take a text-only file and > format it up ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: LaserJet 2100TN: Drivers and Fonts

    On Nov 28, 9:03 am, Ben Myers
    wrote:
    > Back before nicely illustrated Acrobat PDFs became ever so popular, I used a
    > handy dandy DOS utility called LJBOOK. It would take a text-only file and
    > format it up so you could print two 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" pages side by side on a
    > single 8 1/2" x 11" page. It also had the option to print on both sides of the
    > paper. To do so, you would print some pages, then feed them back into the
    > printer to print on the backs of the original pages. All the pages came out in
    > the right order, so all you needed to do was to cut the paper in half and either
    > staple or punch holes to have a convenient sized book. The LaserJet's built-in
    > LinePrinter font was used. I have not used LJBOOK in a long time... Ben Myers

    That was the ultimate goal of my project.

    To print this document out on both sides.(Which I guess would have
    brought it down from 86 to 43 pages).

    It's amazing how a DOS utility would have accomplished this years ago,
    but I cannot do it now on far more "advanced" hardware/software.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.

  2. Re: LaserJet 2100TN: Drivers and Fonts

    Well, if what you have is straight DOS (not Unix/Linux) text, I might be able to
    find a copy of LJBOOK and email it to you. You would need to run it from a DOS
    command box, and I confess that I have not tested it under Windows 2000/XP. I
    think I even have the source assembly code. And I now forget what restrictions
    there are on the printer it uses, except that the printer needs to know HP
    Printer Control Language. And you may have to do something like do a NET USE
    command to associate a printer with the DOS LPT1: standard printer.

    Send me direct email if interested. Remove the _spam etc from the email address
    used here... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:56:07 -0800 (PST), Searcher7
    wrote:

    >On Nov 28, 9:03 am, Ben Myers
    >wrote:
    >> Back before nicely illustrated Acrobat PDFs became ever so popular, I used a
    >> handy dandy DOS utility called LJBOOK. It would take a text-only file and
    >> format it up so you could print two 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" pages side by side on a
    >> single 8 1/2" x 11" page. It also had the option to print on both sides of the
    >> paper. To do so, you would print some pages, then feed them back into the
    >> printer to print on the backs of the original pages. All the pages came out in
    >> the right order, so all you needed to do was to cut the paper in half and either
    >> staple or punch holes to have a convenient sized book. The LaserJet's built-in
    >> LinePrinter font was used. I have not used LJBOOK in a long time... Ben Myers

    >That was the ultimate goal of my project.
    >
    >To print this document out on both sides.(Which I guess would have
    >brought it down from 86 to 43 pages).
    >
    >It's amazing how a DOS utility would have accomplished this years ago,
    >but I cannot do it now on far more "advanced" hardware/software.
    >
    >Darren Harris
    >Staten Island, New York.

  3. Re: LaserJet 2100TN: Drivers and Fonts

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:56:07 -0800 (PST), in comp.periphs.printers
    Searcher7 wrote:

    >It's amazing how a DOS utility would have accomplished this years ago,
    >but I cannot do it now on far more "advanced" hardware/software.

    http://www.clickbook.com/index.php

  4. Re: LaserJet 2100TN: Drivers and Fonts

    There is also open source and free software to handle text to PDF... Ben Myers