Help:Upgrading 7955 CPU(1.5Ghz to 2.2Ghz) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Help:Upgrading 7955 CPU(1.5Ghz to 2.2Ghz) - Hewlett Packard ; I have an HP 7955 that has a 1.5G processor insalled. I'd like to upgrade it to the 2.2G maximimum, but need to confirm what the motherboard is and exactly what processor I need to get.(Yes, I know it is ...

  1. Help:Upgrading 7955 CPU(1.5Ghz to 2.2Ghz)

    I have an HP 7955 that has a 1.5G processor insalled. I'd like to
    upgrade it to the 2.2G maximimum, but need to confirm what the
    motherboard is and exactly what processor I need to get.(Yes, I know
    it is not much of an upgrade for an old system, but want to do it
    anyway).

    I believe I have the Amazon(as opposed to the Dublin) motherboard but
    was hoping someone could give me the visual clues so I can make sure.

    And again, the specific 2.2Ghz processor I'd need would be
    appreciated.

    Thanks a lot.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.

  2. Re: Help:Upgrading 7955 CPU(1.5Ghz to 2.2Ghz)

    Try this URL for a visual clue. The Amazon board is pictured.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...62740&lang=ent

    CPU World contains a complete list of sSpec numbers for Pentium 4s. You want
    any sSpec number for a 2.2GHz Pentium 4 ONLY with a 400MHz front side bus.

    http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/Pentium%204.html

    You may find the 2.2GHz P4 with 400MHz FSB to be very expensive and scarce. You
    might also consider a Celeron in the 2.4 to 2.8GHz range, also with 400MHz FSB.
    Celeron CPUs are very inexpensive, and a fast Celeron would provide a
    cost-effective speed boost for your system. Celeron CPUs have their naysayers
    and detractors, but I have been pretty happy with the one in this system,
    coupled with a lot of memory and a decent graphics card. But, then, I do not
    play video games or do heavy heavy graphics-oriented work... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:08:16 -0800 (PST), Searcher7
    wrote:

    >I have an HP 7955 that has a 1.5G processor insalled. I'd like to
    >upgrade it to the 2.2G maximimum, but need to confirm what the
    >motherboard is and exactly what processor I need to get.(Yes, I know
    >it is not much of an upgrade for an old system, but want to do it
    >anyway).
    >
    >I believe I have the Amazon(as opposed to the Dublin) motherboard but
    >was hoping someone could give me the visual clues so I can make sure.
    >
    >And again, the specific 2.2Ghz processor I'd need would be
    >appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks a lot.
    >
    >Darren Harris
    >Staten Island, New York.

  3. Re: Help:Upgrading 7955 CPU(1.5Ghz to 2.2Ghz)

    On Nov 22, 3:46 pm, Ben Myers
    wrote:
    > Try this URL for a visual clue. The Amazon board is pictured.
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...07293&lc=en&cc...
    >
    > CPU World contains a complete list of sSpec numbers for Pentium 4s. You want
    > any sSpec number for a 2.2GHz Pentium 4 ONLY with a 400MHz front side bus.
    >
    > http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/Pentium%204.html
    >
    > You may find the 2.2GHz P4 with 400MHz FSB to be very expensive and scarce. You
    > might also consider a Celeron in the 2.4 to 2.8GHz range, also with 400MHz FSB.
    > Celeron CPUs are very inexpensive, and a fast Celeron would provide a
    > cost-effective speed boost for your system. Celeron CPUs have their naysayers
    > and detractors, but I have been pretty happy with the one in this system,
    > coupled with a lot of memory and a decent graphics card. But, then, I do not
    > play video games or do heavy heavy graphics-oriented work... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:08:16 -0800 (PST), Searcher7
    > wrote:
    >

    > >I have an HP 7955 that has a 1.5G processor insalled. I'd like to
    > >upgrade it to the 2.2G maximimum, but need to confirm what the
    > >motherboard is and exactly what processor I need to get.(Yes, I know
    > >it is not much of an upgrade for an old system, but want to do it
    > >anyway).

    > >I believe I have the Amazon(as opposed to the Dublin) motherboard but
    > >was hoping someone could give me the visual clues so I can make sure.

    > >And again, the specific 2.2Ghz processor I'd need would be
    > >appreciated.

    > >Thanks a lot.

    > >Darren Harris
    > >Staten Island, New York.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks a lot.

    The Motherboard pictured in that link is simular, but not exactly the
    same as mine, so I'm guessing that I have the Dublin.(I just need to
    be sure).

    Thanks.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.