convert 49G program to 48GX - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on convert 49G program to 48GX - Hewlett Packard ; I had a software program for civil engineering bought some years ago for my HP49G, and this calculator is broken, I have another HP 48GX, tried to load this program to HP48GX, and it doesn't work. How to load the ...

  1. convert 49G program to 48GX

    I had a software program for civil engineering bought some years ago
    for my HP49G, and this calculator is broken, I have another HP 48GX,
    tried to load this program to HP48GX, and it doesn't work. How to
    load the program to my HP48GX.

    Thanks

  2. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    On Nov 23, 1:39 am, kle wrote:
    > I had a software program for civil engineering bought some years ago
    > for my HP49G, and this calculator is broken, I have another HP 48GX,
    > tried to load this program to HP48GX, and it doesn't work. How to
    > load the program to my HP48GX.
    >
    > Thanks

    this has been discussed here 1,000,000 times

  3. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    On Nov 22, 3:24 pm, reth wrote:
    > On Nov 23, 1:39 am, kle wrote:
    >
    > > I had a software program for civil engineering bought some years ago
    > > for my HP49G, and this calculator is broken, I have another HP 48GX,
    > > tried to load this program to HP48GX, and it doesn't work. How to
    > > load the program to my HP48GX.

    > > Thanks

    > this has been discussed here 1,000,000 times

    Dear reth,
    If you had included a suggested link or search target, the
    exaggeration in your comment would have sounded less peevish.
    Personally, I'm interested in a way to get an existing external
    ROMcard for 48GX (SPARCom MathPro) into my 50, but from what I hear
    I'd have to be a better SysRPL programmer to even think about
    attempting to do the necessary disassembly, manual parse, and
    reassembly.
    Irl

  4. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    kle wrote:

    > I had a software program for civil engineering bought some years ago
    > for my HP49G, and this calculator is broken, I have another HP48GX,
    > tried to load this program to HP48GX, and it doesn't work.
    > How to load the program to my HP48GX.

    What program? In what form? (source, binary, directory, library?)
    Is it in UserRPL or SysRPL/ML?

    Bought (or downloaded) from what vendor?
    If they still exist, perhaps they can help.

    Binary executable files for HP49 series
    can not be run directly on HP48 series,
    but "source" files could potentially be compatible.

    If the program relies on the HP49 series CAS,
    some algebraic features existed on the HP48 series,
    but many others did not, which could lead
    to programs not being backward compatible anyway,
    depending on what's actually in the program.

    -=-=-=-

  5. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    ??? wrote:

    > this has been discussed here 1,000,000 times

    That's just what I used to say,
    when I answered the phone at the firehouse --
    "we've responded to hundreds of similar alarms before,"
    and then I'd hang up.

    I was even voted "most valuable player,"
    for keeping our private poker game uninterrupted.

    -=-=-=-

  6. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    On Nov 24, 9:06 am, Saturn rising wrote:
    > ??? wrote:
    >
    > > this has been discussed here 1,000,000 times

    > That's just what I used to say,
    > when I answered the phone at the firehouse --
    > "we've responded to hundreds of similar alarms before,"
    > and then I'd hang up.
    >
    > I was even voted "most valuable player,"
    > for keeping our private poker game uninterrupted.
    >
    > -=-=-=-

    thank God you're not stand-up comedian, you'd be starving to death

  7. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    ??? wrote:

    > thank God you're not stand-up comedian, you'd be starving to death

    And fortunate are they who do not need to ask the sort of help you gave,
    for then they'd be left starving.

    -=-=-=-

  8. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    On Nov 26, 12:48 pm, Saturn rising wrote:
    > ??? wrote:
    >
    > > thank God you're not stand-up comedian, you'd be starving to death

    > And fortunate are they who do not need to ask the sort of help you gave,
    > for then they'd be left starving.
    >
    > -=-=-=-

    well for everyone who can read *here* would mean : type your question
    above next to "search this group" button, hit "enter", fasten your
    seat belt and enjoy ... the rest may keep experimenting with their
    sense of humor

  9. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    reth wrote:

    > well for everyone who can read *here* would mean : type your question
    > above next to "search this group" button, hit "enter", fasten your

    What button, I don't see any button.

    - Kurt

  10. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    "~kurt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > reth wrote:
    >>
    >> well for everyone who can read *here* would mean : type your question
    >> above next to "search this group" button, hit "enter", fasten your

    > What button, I don't see any button.

    Maybe there's a search button on the Google web interface.
    Dunno, because I'm using an offline news client.

    Raymond

  11. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    Raymond Del Tondo wrote:

    > Maybe there's a search button on the Google web interface.
    > Dunno, because I'm using an offline news client.

    Sorry, I was just joking. I'm assuming this was some kind of Google groups
    thing too. I'm getting the impression that more and more people have come to
    believe Usenet is some huge Google service composed of many web based forums.

    - Kurt

  12. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    ??? wrote:

    > type your question above next to "search this group" button,
    > hit "enter", fasten your seat belt and enjoy

    "Above"? Are you at center of universe, controlling everything,
    everyone else plugged into your brain, like in "Matrix"?

    Go even to Google Groups Advanced Search (once you know how),
    enter group name and the above subject as query:

    convert 49G program to 48GX

    You get mostly this thread, plus otherwise useless "hits,"
    suggesting that you "speak through your hat."

    It would be surprising anyway, for Google to have psychic powers,
    to find an answer that requires significant additional information,
    such as already asked (but original poster seems to have
    given up anyway, perhaps from "Unwelcome mat" at door).

    -=-=-=-

  13. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    On Nov 26, 7:48 pm, Saturn rising wrote:
    > ??? wrote:
    >
    > > type your question above next to "search this group" button,
    > > hit "enter", fasten your seat belt and enjoy

    > "Above"? Are you at center of universe, controlling everything,
    > everyone else plugged into your brain, like in "Matrix"?
    >
    > Go even to Google Groups Advanced Search (once you know how),
    > enter group name and the above subject as query:
    >
    > convert 49G program to 48GX
    >
    > You get mostly this thread, plus otherwise useless "hits,"
    > suggesting that you "speak through your hat."
    >
    > It would be surprising anyway, for Google to have psychic powers,
    > to find an answer that requires significant additional information,
    > such as already asked (but original poster seems to have
    > given up anyway, perhaps from "Unwelcome mat" at door).
    >
    > -=-=-=-

    you are obviously very helpful so why not contact privately the
    original poster, spell out what he/she actually wants, then convert
    his/her "software program" or whatever that is to whatever he/she
    wants and stop playing smart ass?

  14. Re: convert 49G program to 48GX

    On Nov 27, 12:21 am, reth wrote:
    > wants and stop playing smart ass?- Hide quoted text -

    That is a really remarkable lack of perception. Perhaps if you
    examine SR's writing style a little more closely and realize what's
    going on, you'll be quite surprised.

    Bill

+ Reply to Thread